Share extraordinary pictures

After the what are you listening? and Who need a little joke today? topics, I thought it would be nice to share some nice, beautiful, special pictures you find or have taken yourself. Feel free to share your pictures.
I’ll start with this astonishing polar light picture:

5 Likes

Was this taken by yourself!? :open_mouth:

My pics are not PRO ones, but i like to take them and its a good hobby! Especially the edit part, not my strong point.

I took this myself, long exposure 30 sec, beautifull clear sky with no moon allowed this to happend, oh and i was in the middle of nowhere here in brazil! :slight_smile:

Same vibe, same place! :slight_smile:

And of course my fav place on earth… Torres del Paine

If you want in hi-res i give it, including the Raw File if you want to edit them yourself! :slight_smile: Copyleft! :stuck_out_tongue:
They are on Wikicommons media… so yes, i give them freely! If you want any i can provide, several friends asked me for prints, just go to your favorite printer and take one high-res with you… lol intagram.com/walterfbd if you want to see the others!

I personally use this last one as my nextcloud welcome Whahah!

7 Likes

Lowering the bar I’m going with “extra ordinary” pictures of canned olives (home-made):

4 Likes

Sun Dog: A refraction of light from the rising sun on a so-called ice lens self made from Cockpit in 30.000ft

2 Likes

this one I call “The Splitted Day”.
Day light on the left window night on the right one.

6 Likes

Sunrise over the clouds with a view to the French Alps (Mont Blanc)

6 Likes

Very nice, i love airplanes cockpit. Would recomend stack some photos with diferent exposures, make a real HDR out of it!

LOL :smiley:

Nowadays that the cloud is so popular some (low resolution) photos…

It can’t compare with, say, the Kölner Dom, but I’m pretty happy with this picture of my church for Christmas Eve:

3 Likes

funny

@dnutan

For cloud lovers among us…

The mountain is the Rigi, the Queen of mountains… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

15 Minutes of a tree in Winter…

3 Likes

Found this picture on diaspora*. It;s a 1400 year old Ginko tree

4 Likes

Nature is amazing!

amazing indeed.