Set low priority to mega.co.nz and other download sites

NethServer Version: 7.4.1708
Module: proxy

I’m trying to create a rule on proxy to lower the priority to several sites, yet it does not seems to work as downloads keeps consuming most of our bandwidth. I’m putting pics of our current setup.

Proxy

1 Like

I got this domains by watching traffic flow with Ntopng

As far as I know, low priority still uses bandwidth, it is just prioritized lower. So, if you streamed some video (youtube, netflix), it would prioritize the traffic from there rather than from the downloads. You are not limiting bandwidth, just telling it that if someone else comes along, to prioritize the download last. If you just download, it will still consume a lot of bandwidth. You probably want to do traffic shaping, which I dont think you can do from the gui.

1 Like

That I know, yet it’s not doing it. I got other user’s using youtube, facebook, google, etc. and the user doing the download keeps hungering most of the bandwidth.

It seems it was a bad setup, I had a sub-domain overlapping userstorage.mega.co.nz and mega.co.nz. I set the rule source to green and removed mega.co.nz. So far I haven’t had any more issues.

2 Likes