Service sssd stop

Hello everyone, I wanted to report that for the first time the sssd service went to sleep. I noticed it occurred when this error was reported to me:
Aug 12 18:55:20 neth7.internal2.lan sssd [be [internal2.lan]] [1792]: Warning: user would have been denied GPO-based logon access if the ad_gpo_access_control option were set to enforcing mode.

Does it work again if you restart the sssd service?
You could check statistics, maybe there was high I/O load at the time the service failed.
Please also check /var/log/messages for errors.

1 Like

Hi, we leave regularly. I take it that it is overload. I confirm you because the neth7 machine is a VM with 6GB of memory configured with replication on a proxmox cluster. I think the slowdowns are caused by the disk which, despite being mechanical and fast enough, is affected by the FS ZFS. In fact, now that I remember when I restart a cluster node where the VM resides, at the restart of the VMs and in particular this one that being in HA, I see many latencies of the disks. I tried with 8Gb, but the situation does not change. I should buy and set up a 512GB SSD ZFS cache at least. Thanks a lot anyway .

1 Like

I have this continually, with sssd running. Here’s a snippet from my daily log report:

--------------------- Connections (secure-log) Begin ------------------------

Unmatched Entries
sssd[be[BogoLinux.net]]: Warning: user would have been denied GPO-based logon access if the ad_gpo_access_control option were set to enforcing mode.: 188 Time(s)

One thing I do notice, is if I refresh the dashboard on the old UI (yes, I do use that still), I see the following flash up for a couple of seconds:

But having said all this, I don’t see any issues and everything appears to work well.

Cheers.

2 Likes