"Server is taking too long to respond" on WOL-enabled hosts / guacd 1.5.4

Hi!
pinging @mrmarkuz straight since it’s “the” guy for Guacamole :wink:
I suppose after the 1.5.4 upgrade I started receiving complaints of Guacamole no longer connecting.
It’s indeed true that it’s no longer working, for WOL-enabled hosts. With these ones, once clicked on the connection, the procedure starts and after a short while you can see the error message “The server is taking too long to respond” and retries after 15 seconds indefinitely, without succeeding. The WOL package is indeed correctly sent and the host boots up but guacamole still refuses to connect.
If I turn off the “Send WOL package” flag on a WOL-enabled host after it turned on, Guacamole connects just fine.
Am I the only one with this problem? Is it upstream?
Thank you and happy holidays,
Marco

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out. I didn’t find an upstream issue about WOL, except of the docker version.
I’m going to check if there’s another way/workaround…

EDIT:

@mmaridev please test the updated module, the guacamole server was upgraded to 1.5.4 from 1.5.2. I was able to connect via RDP with activated WOL.

yum install https://mrmarkuz.dynu.net/mirror/devtest/nethserver-guacamole-0.0.1-10.ns7.noarch.rpm

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t see your edit.
The problem seems to persist even after the upgrade, let me reboot the entire system in the afternoon and I’ll update you.

1 Like

Happy new year!
Issue persists.

Could you please share the host configuration from guacamole so I can try to reproduce the issue?

1 Like

Don’t know if there’s any way to dump as config file honestly so here it goes:

immagine

1 Like

I could reproduce the issue. When I set the “Host boot wait time” in the WOL section to 0 or empty/null, the connection is working.

2 Likes