Sending system mails over an other server

FYI this step is needed when something is wrong in cockpit in order to debug…now let me check

1 Like

Sorry to be lazzy, no time to read the thread, your certificate is Letsencrypt or selfsigned (default of nethserver)

on line 50 of /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-settings/execute could you add -k for test purpose

-        /usr/bin/curl smtp://$hostname:$port -v  --connect-timeout 10 --max-time 10 --mail-from $username --mail-rcpt $username --user "$username:$password" $tls <<EOF
+        /usr/bin/curl smtp://$hostname:$port -v -k  --connect-timeout 10 --max-time 10 --mail-from $username --mail-rcpt $username --user "$username:$password" $tls <<EOF
1 Like
1 Like

Suggesting to allow the setting (accept every certificate) with a checkbox.

3 Likes

Yes without certificate validation it works.

Edit!!!

It’s the selfsigned nethserver certificate.

1 Like

I am so sorry to not have seen this thread before, sorry for the waste of energy but I was off some time for holidays and I must say I needed it

Lets make a github issue and fix this bug, thank a lot @m.traeumner

2 Likes

I have to thank you.

An other one than you have posted above?

You deserved it

1 Like

the workflow is

create a github issue to determine the bug (We prefer to talk first on forum, then create the bug)
create a PR to fix the bug

2 Likes

ready to be verified … please go to github

Thanks @stephdl,
I will test on Monday, I’m not at work till then.
I think I have to do a

yum update --enablerepo=nethserver-testing

Is it right?

1 Like

never please you could update something wrong

Either pick the url of the two files in the GH issues or here in this case

yum install http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.9.2009/testing/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-cockpit-1.10.0-1.4.g8228906.ns7.noarch.rpm http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.9.2009/testing/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-cockpit-lib-1.10.0-1.4.g8228906.ns7.noarch.rpm

or

yum install nethserver-cockpit-lib nethserver-cockpit --enablerepo=nethserver-testing

2 Likes

Hi @stephdl,
I installed the update with

and it works. Of course I deleted the -k entry at
/usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-settings/execute
before.
Thanks for your great help.

3 Likes