Sending e-mails from the MF printer

Hello everyone!
I have the following problem and I need your advice.
I have a client for whom I provide mail service (NS platform). One of the mail accounts is used with a MF printer to send the scans directly to the other mail accounts in the same domain.
The problem is that the client has an Internet connection via DHCP from the ISP. To be able to send mail from MF, I have to put the IP in Trusted Networks, and the client’s IP changes at least twice a week. A real torment…
What would be the best solution to get rid of the problem of changing the IP?
TIA,
Gabriel

Hi@GG_jr!

When sending mail, it is always good to have a fixed IP. But maybe DynDNS can help. Or send the mails via the smarthost of the ISP.

Regards…

Uwe

1 Like

Hi @transocean!

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, my client does not have a Business type internet subscription, so he does not have a fixed public IP and does not benefit from the smarthost service from the ISP.
I tried to put 0.0.0.0 / 255.255.255.255 as trusted network for the test but it didn’t work.
I will try to configure the DynDNS service on the client’s router (TP-LINK ARCHER AX53). I will look in the manual if it has one.

BR,
Gabriel

1 Like

BlockzitatUnfortunately, my client does not have a Business type internet subscription, so he does not have a fixed public IP and does not benefit from the smarthost service from the ISP.

Your client should change that as soon as possible. Otherwise, he risks being blacklisted.

1 Like

I know that. I also told the client but…

I checked in the router’s manual and it is possible to configure DDNS from TpLink.
I will try, but I still need the IP to add to trusted networks, so I don’t know if will be of any use to me…

Look here: Feste, öffentliche IPv4-Adresse mieten für Server

Sorry, it’s only in german language.
Costs 5.95 euros per month in the cheapest variant.

Update the firmware of the MF and login with TLS to NethServer as “user/client”.
If not possible, you might suggest a replacement. Brother and Kyocera AFAIK can scan to SMTP with TLS and login. Kyocera doesn’t allow firmware upgrade without kyocera-allowed technicians.

1 Like

The printer is KONICA Minolta BizHub… and it is rented to the client by a company specialized in providing this type of service. Unfortunately, the respective company does not “update” the equipment. It is quite old, it has the possibility to use TLS, but any combination in the settings failed.
In the end, I will propose the client to use a shared folder on the network for scans. Anyway, the documents received by mail must be saved, renamed, … and then forwarded.

Magic word. Rent.
The customer might ask an updated device for the same price… :wink:

:laughing: I have dealt with them at the same client over the years. Only money collected. After they brought the printer and put it into operation, in the end I had to go to the customer to finish the settings so that the printer works properly…
Magic services. No way!

Then it’s time for a change?
Anyway… you should mark your message as the solution.

It is the cheapest…

Indeed, I will mark the message as a solution.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

BR,
Gabriel

The solution …