Select a host group on traffic shaping address rule

(Adam) #1

Also, when creating a traffic shaping address rule, it’d be nice if I could select a host group rather than just individual addresses/hosts.

Specify Link Negotiation on Dashboard
(Filippo Carletti) #2

I think that shorewall syntax does not support multiple IPs in tcpri. We’d need some code to expand a group to one rule for each group member.

(Adam) #3

Thank you for answering this. Am I correct that a specified host could be from any zone (LAN or WAN)? My reasoning behind this question was that a VoIP service provider may specify many IPs that their VoIP traffic would come from. Creating a host group containing all of those IPs and being able to specify it in a traffic shaping rule would reduce clutter and overlap in rules.

Thanks!

(Filippo Carletti) #4

We could try to match VoIP traffic with ToS field or other ways instead of IP addresses.

(Adam) #5

You mean a traffic shaping port rule? It just says “Destination port” and doesn’t appear to allow a range of ports. This causes a similar issue to what I mentioned with address rules. This would be a good solution if it were possible to select a “service” filewall object.

While I’m asking for features… would it be possible to create a service groups feature(similar to host groups)?

(Filippo Carletti) #6

No, usually, VoIP traffic packets come marked from the VoIP device uing the ToS IP field (don’t ask me more, I’m no expert in VoIP).

(Adam) #7

Haha! I’m not a VoIP expert either.

Just thought it’d be easier to manage that way. I know SonicWall routers have service groups, host groups, and you can apply traffic shaping rules to either.