Roundcube reacts very slowly

Hello developers,

I have installed Roundcube on my NS8 test machine and am trying it out. When I switch between the Mail, Contacts and Settings categories, it takes about 1 minute to switch to the desired category. Is there any way to speed this up somehow?

NS 8 is running here here under Rocky 9.2 on a Proxmox with 4 CPU cores, 250 GB of hard disk space and 8 GB of RAM.

Regards…

Uwe

ssd or spinning drive ?

I use ssd.

Also logging in after entering the login data takes a very long time in my opinion (half a minute)

1 Like

either dovecot bottleneck or maybe drive iowaits or other issues

could you try to install glances on the rocky host and monitor the drive IOwaits, load of the system, memory…

ATM I am playing with the mail system I sync my full email box to the NS8, I could double check me also this issue

cc @davidep

I will do it.

1 Like

That is all what i can give for the moment.
I will be back in two hours.

For what I see really low iddle. Does it is during you feel roundcube slowliness

Did you have a go to journald -f when rouncubemail is slow

You installed directly the ns8 on a bare server or you virtualize ?

Edit. Proxmox

Glances should be done on the host not on the VM

Wonderfull… :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes … we need to state if the host is not on the floor and the VM is just doing what it could with the ressources it gets

Hi

I have a similiar box at home, but a version lower CPU:

Mine:
4 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220L V2 @ 2.30GHz (1 Socket)

Uwe:
4 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220L V3 @ 3.10GHz (1 Socket)

If using the built in RAID (Fake-RAID !) from the chipset, the system is fairly slow (IO issues!).
It’s faster when switched over to ACPI and using ZFS. Mine only supports 16 GB RAM, so I’m now using this box only as PBS, as such it runs very well.

The Disks I’m using:

The box itself is a HP Microserver Gen8

My 2 cents
Andy

3 Likes

Hoi @Andy_Wismer

That’s how it’s set up for me. I used the fake raid from the board back when the box was still running Server 2012.

Greetings and have a nice Sunday…

Uwe

Edit:

2 Likes