Restoring ibay is not correctly working on the same server

Hi,

Using NS Samba directory I created a ‘docs’ and ‘pics’ share folders and placed several items in them both using Windows 7. I did backup of the configuration and the data on a USB disk, and checked that there were there. Then I deleted the docs folder and I checked that were not showing up a share on Windows 7. Then I rebooted the server, then I did the graphical Restore Data. I both restore the docs folder and the ibay folder, but the docs were not there. I could not find the part of the log file for the restore in /var/log/messages.

Then I created another docs share folder and then Windows 7 docs shared folder are showing all the items were there before I deleted the docs folder. I don’t understand how the command line restore using the USB stick.

I also did the update today September 1, 2016 for the samba directory and backup, and then did the same thing before and after.

Here is the log file when I created another docs folder; sdb1 is my USB stick.

Sep 1 14:59:58 server kernel: EXT4-fs (sdb1): mounting ext3 file system using the ext4 subsystem
Sep 1 14:59:58 server kernel: EXT4-fs (sdb1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
Sep 1 15:01:01 server systemd: Started Session 2 of user root.
Sep 1 15:01:01 server systemd: Starting Session 2 of user root.
Sep 1 15:01:59 server kernel: EXT4-fs (sdb1): mounting ext3 file system using the ext4 subsystem
Sep 1 15:01:59 server kernel: EXT4-fs (sdb1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2249]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=(undefined)
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2249]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: NEW docs=ibay
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2249]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=ibay
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2249]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: NEW docs=ibay|SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=ibay|SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: NEW docs=ibay|AclRead||SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=ibay|AclRead||SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: NEW docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: NEW docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: NEW docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|GroupAccess|rw|SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|GroupAccess|rw|SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: NEW docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|GroupAccess|rw|OtherAccess|r|SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|GroupAccess|rw|OtherAccess|r|SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: NEW docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|GroupAccess|rw|OtherAccess|r|OwningGroup|domain users@bales.lan|SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|GroupAccess|rw|OtherAccess|r|OwningGroup|domain users@bales.lan|SmbAuditStatus|enabled
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: NEW docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|GroupAccess|rw|OtherAccess|r|OwningGroup|domain users@bales.lan|SmbAuditStatus|enabled|SmbGuestAccessT$
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|GroupAccess|rw|OtherAccess|r|OwningGroup|domain users@bales.lan|SmbAuditStatus|enabled|SmbGuestAccessT$
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: NEW docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|GroupAccess|rw|OtherAccess|r|OwningGroup|domain users@bales.lan|SmbAuditStatus|enabled|SmbGuestAccessT$
Sep 1 15:06:58 server /sbin/e-smith/db[2251]: /var/lib/nethserver/db/accounts: OLD docs=ibay|AclRead||AclWrite||Description|Documents|GroupAccess|rw|OtherAccess|r|OwningGroup|domain users@bales.lan|SmbAuditStatus|enabled|SmbGuestAccessT$
Sep 1 15:06:59 server esmith::event[2256]: Event: ibay-create docs
Sep 1 15:06:59 server esmith::event[2256]: expanding /etc/samba/smb.conf
Sep 1 15:06:59 server dbus[885]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name=‘org.freedesktop.timedate1’ unit=‘dbus-org.freedesktop.timedate1.service’

1 Like

I need a few days to dig into the bug.

2 Likes

I just opened a bug: https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/5101
But it doesn’t seems related to what you’re experiencing.

I know that graphical user interface for the restore is not intuitive and has some limitation, can you please try to restore a file using the command line?

Example

Shared folder named t1 which contains a file named ssl.png
To restore the file in original position, execute:

restore-file / /var/lib/nethserver/ibay/t1/ssl.png
1 Like

I restored using the command line by using EULA.doc (the file name) but the shared folder name was not showing in Windows 7. I rebooted both systems but not there. I then added the docs sharing folder in NS and then the docs was showing in Windows 7 and only showing the EULA.doc file I just restored.

Probably Windows has some sort of caching.

You should check with a simple ls command if the file as been restored (tested yesterday, and it should work).

The ls is showing my share folder is there in /var/lib/nethserver/ibay, but
not showing in the Share Folders on the NS Dashboard; it’s says it’s ‘empty
table’’ and nothing else…

I reread my original post and it’s misleading. I should have to say it’s not showing in Windows 7 nor in the Share Folders in the NS Dashboard. My bad.