Restore Backup From A Shared Folder Using Duplicity

How do restore files that were backed up to a shared folder using Nethserver 7.7 Duplicity however after upgrading to 7.9 I don’t see any way to do this.

@stevieb413

Hi Steve

Sounds like you’re still stuck on the old NethGUI and haven’t looked at the new cockpit…

The old NethGUI (Port 980) can’t do a restore, and can only create a backup using duplicity. The newer cockpit can do 3-4 different types of backup (duplicity, restic, etc), and can also control the restore!

Try it!

My 2 cents
Andy

I have looked at the NethGUI cockpit under restore dont see an option to restore from my old backup which is located in a shred folder titled backup.

It needs a configuration backup file, so it can “show” you the backup. In that file (you should find it your Backup) it can then access the path to your backups - and offer you your backups for restore!

Restore the configuration backup first…

Thanks for all your help, However I dont have a configuration file from the Nethserver 7.7 the Duplicity backup files are in a shared folder located in /var/lib/nethserver/ibay/shared.files/backup/

There should be such a configuration-backup there - duplicity does that automatically…
But it’s probably that you need to point the restore to a “.manifest” file.

Another possible option would be to grab the config file from the NethServer 7.7, if that’s still available.

I figured it out using this method from the command line.

duplicity restore file:/path_to_folder_contains_backups /path_where_to_extract_it/
2 Likes