[Resolved] Create a new user in second domain

Hi all,

I am using NS-7.6-1810 under VirtualBox, Accounts provide is LDAP.

The main domain is toto.com and the second domain is titi.org. Both have an entry in DNS > Hosts and also in Email > Domains.

If I want to create a new user, I have no choice but to use new-user@toto.com. I do not see @titi.org. Is that normal?

Can I change this or I forgot something?

Any suggestion appreciated,

Michel-André

You have to create user with principal domain and then go into Email Addresses menu and create real addresses related to this account and you can choose domains of email addresses.

1 Like

Hi federico,

Thank you for your reply.

I will try that and let you know.

Michel-André

1 Like

There is a difference in users and emailaddresses. If your goal is to add a new maildomain then @federico.ballarini is correct.
If you need a 2nd userdomain (Samba4 AD account provider) then you can not accomplish this with a single server.
The only option for a 2nd userdomain is creating a subdomain of the existing Samba4 AD domain.

1 Like

Hi all.

Thank you robb for you replay. I use LDAP as Account Provider.

For federico
It is working correctly but when the user log into second-domain/Webmail and want to send a message, it is not the alias that shows up in the field From:, it is the original user@first-domain.com.

The user have to Edit identities > + to add > enter Email > enter email to Reply-To, select Set default > Save.

It is kind of complicated for a ordinary user… he won’t undestand why and from where is the original user@first-domain.com is coming from… he will be suspicious… etc.

Is it possible for root to set the default email identity somewhere?

Michel-André

Wait. I do some tests.

In webtop you can do it easily:

• access like admin -> admin!username : adminpassword
  • go to settings
  • modify email field

Remember to logout and login to take effects.

In roundcube you have to do it directly in the “user settings”: you cannot impersonate the user because normal user and impersonate user has got two different identify.
I suggest you, if you want to use roundcube, to set a temporarily password and then enter into user page and change identity. Then says to user to reset password.

Hi federico,

Thank you for your time.

The other thing also in Webmail is in the login screen, at the bottom, in the field Server, it is the first-domain.com that is showing up.

I will try webtop and see what will happen and let you know.

I hope Thunderbird can acces webtop account?

Michel-André

Yes, thunderbird it’s not related to roundcube or webtop: you’ll set an IMAP and SMTP connection.

Try webtop. If you want to continue use roundcube you can easily hide “domain” indication. If you want to do that, please open another topic.

Wait for feedback.

Regards.

Hi federico,

WebTop is working fine with the identiy for user@second-domain.com, also in Thunderbird. The only problem is that there is no French Translation. When I have more time, I will translate it on transifex.com; I registered yesterday and I am waiting for an OK to join the team.

For now, I will follow your suggestion:

I suggest you, if you want to use roundcube, to set a temporarily password and then enter into user page and change identity. Then says to user to reset password.

I will open a new topic to hide “domain” indication.

If you want to continue use roundcube you can easily hide “domain” indication. If you want to do that, please open another topic.

Thank you very much for your help,

Michel-André

I wait for your topic. :slight_smile:

Please close topic and mark answer as solution