Replacing exchange mail, contact and appointment

Good morming community, i have install nethserver and i try to conifgure it. But i have try many problem.
I cant connect outlook and iphone like a compatible mail exchange system. I search in the forum and i know than i cant do it (it’s true?). I have connect outlook and iphone with imap protocol but I can’t import and use the contact from exchange (I can do it?)

Hi Enrico,

To be Exchange compatible, OpenChange must be used.
NethServer don’t use OpenChange.
You can use only POP3 and IMAP (without Exchange facilities) account types.

BR,
Gabriel

EDIT:

You can use Outlook CalDav Synchronizer.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/outlookcaldavsynchronizer/

(Outlook Plugin, which synchronizes events, tasks and contacts between Outlook and Google, SOGo, Horde or any other CalDAV or CardDAV server. Supported Outlook versions are 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007.)

@lucag and @gabriele_bulfon could have some thoughts about a different approach

Hi,

if you are using Webtop on NethServer, it does provide ActiveSync protocol support, but only for contacts/calendar/notes. Email sync with this protocol has been disabled because of its poor quality.
Outlook does not support ActiveSync, though (they want you to use a real Exchange server…), but your device does.

On your device, we suggest to configure mail with imap as you alread did, then create the Active Sync account (some devices call it Exchange account, others call it Enterprise account) and enable only contacts/calendar/notes, disabling email sync.
Then you may use the integrated Webtop web application on any of your desktops.
There are some tricks possible to use Outlook as an ActiveSync client, but we highly discourage it.

Gabriele

1 Like

If you use Outlook 2013 or newer it supports active sync, older versions only supports the exchange protocoll.
Sogo can handle active sync too.

I replaced several exchange. when possible I replaced outlook with thunderbird.
When it was not possible, I imported contacts and calendar from outlook to thunderbird (use plugin lookout) and I copied them nethserver via CardDAV and CalDAV (configured on thunderbird).

:+1: