update test VM with zabbix, openvpn OK
update appliance with Firewall, Nextcloud, openvpn: ok

to try tomorrow (hopefully):
update 7.6 with AD, and proxy
test clean installs and packages
Tnx @dev_team for tarallino :grin::vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

this RC is good for me “to take in production” :smiley: ;

It took a long time to say goodbye to the last running (mail) service still running on the old centos 6 based clearOS box :pensive:

It served me well for many years, there is a bit of tragedy in progress… :cry: ;
And joy with the brand my new (kopano) mail setup :smiley:

This RC looks good to go for me :+1:
and as promised tomorrow (late evening CET) we have running for armhfp/aarch64 RC’s too

6 Likes

Thank you all for your tests!
I think we are going to release the final in the first days of next week!

2 Likes

Hi@all,

i cant log in via cockpit with the admin user. Error Authentication failed Timeout. Same problem wit a normal user. Same Error. Only root can log in. Fresh Installation with LDAP, WebTOP and Nextcloud. Can somebody help?

Regards

Uwe

You need to enable the “Shell” option: it’s a change introduced in the latest upstream Cockpit version.
See: Accessing the Server Manager — NethServer 7 Final

1 Like

I think this shouldn’t be enabled by default at administrator and admin user.
It doesn’t make sense to create an admin without priviliges, IMO.

Honestly, this could be considered a regression, but it’s an upstream decision, there is no way to change such behavior.

This is why since NS 7, the admin is disabled by default and it’s there only for users coming from NS 6.
The preferred user to access all Server Managers is root.

1 Like

Thanks for your explanation! :+1:

Hi Giacomo,

you are a good teacher. Exactly this was the solution.

Thanks…

Uwe

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Administrative accounts in Server Manager

Sorry to say, it’s going to take a bit longer…

We have an little issue, Centos arm32 bit packages are sign with a different key:

# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo

# CentOS-Base.repo
[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os&infra=$infra
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-7
       file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-SIG-AltArch-Arm32

Note the additional RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-SIG-AltArch-Arm32 :sweat:

cc// @davidep

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Hyperscan for suricata and/or rspamd

other installation tests on VM:
interactive, unattended and manual installation, and all seems ok to me.
only one doubt:
it’s normal that there is no FirstRunWizard if i use for the first time cockpit?

I would have liked to test installation on real hardware with raid 1, but I have nothing usable at the moment

updated some vm joined to ad domain, i had some errors in logs (but they were already there, I’ll look them better) and all seems to work as usual

3 Likes

Tested on two servers - one firewall/gateway (vmware) and one mail/app server (proxmox), both updates worked without errors and everything seems to work properly.

@mark_nl, I did a test on a raspberry 4 and it worked. I used the centos image for raspi 4. I worked around the key problems with disabling gpg check.

yum install http://mirror.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.7.1908/arm-base/armhfp/Packages/nethserver-release-7-14.ns7.noarch.rpm
nethserver-install

grafik

nethserver-cockpit does not install because it requires nethserver-subscription and that requires puppet-agent which is not available, see also Nethserver on Raspberry Pi

Error: Package: nethserver-subscription-3.5.0-1.ns7.noarch (nethserver-updates)
           Requires: puppet-agent

Puppet-agent runs with rvm ruby 2.4 and a patch but I don’t know how to make a package out of it and if it’s really necessary.

Source:

7 Likes

Maybe we can build a fake nethserver-subscription for ARM, since it is not really supported by Community subscription.

It’s used to send inventory data the server, so it’s necessary if you have a subscription.
But we can get rid of it for ARM if we create a fake nethserver-subscription package (or a package which provides it).

1 Like

We could add it to nethserver-release/root/etc/e-smith/templates/etc/yum.repos.d/NethServer.repo/10base at 1a4fbb5bee477897e648d4b257311ef043c3f49f · NethServer/nethserver-release · GitHub, and similar lines. It is a template, so any simple programming trick (for instance checking for the architecture or a file existence before do something else) is allowed.

Just for consistency, could be added here too nethserver-release/root/etc/yum.repos.d/NethServer.repo at master · NethServer/nethserver-release · GitHub. Keep in mind that there it lives before being overwritten by the template expansion, during the “system-init” event.

1 Like

Yes i am aware of this, also see:
arm-dev/issues/31

opend issue arm-dev/issues/32

EDIT:
@moderators feel free to split the arm stuff off

3 Likes

I love tarallino :smiley:

The final ISO is coming now. The docs have been already updated!

7 Likes