Redirection of postmaster to external e-mail address

Hi Guys,
I need to forward all e-mail directed to postmaster@, to an external e-mail address.

I need to continue to receive “system” e-mails (Back-up warning, and general warnings) to the e-mail I setted in the root user’s profile, but e-mails directed to postmaster@ have to be forwarded to another e-mail address.

This is because I am the system administrator of the e-mail server, but not the web designer.
Aruba sends e-mails directly to postmaster@.
I setted mx record of the domain, so to deliver e-mail to the Nethserver, but now I’m receiving anything related to hosting and website to the address specified in the root user’s profile

I tried to create the user (and so the mail box) postmaster and then forward to another e-mail address, but it doesn’t work: the log says the e-mail are delivered to the root mailbox.

I tried to create the alias postmaster and then to forward to another e-mail address, but it doesn’t work: the log says the e-mail are delivered to the root mailbox.

Any idea?

The postmaster address is always active (hardcoded) because it’s mandatory.
I like the idea that creating an alias will override the hardcoded default.
As a workaround, create a sieve filter (using roundcube webmail) for root to forward mail To: postmaster.

2 Likes

Did it!

It works like a charm.

Thank you

I think you can do it at this way too.

It’s a little enhancement: added to the list

https://github.com/orgs/NethServer/projects/1#card-2308299

I get a 404 at your link. Can have a look at it please.

Thanks in advance.

I’m sorry: it requires a GitHub authenticated session!

This is a screenshot

1 Like

We have a package that does it now!

@dnosella, do you want to help us with QA (Quality Assurance) and check out this brand new feature? Please install it from nethserver-testing: /cc @quality_team

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update nethserver-mail-server

More info

1 Like

@filippo_carletti already verified it!

Feature released in nethserver-updates:

nethserver-mail-server-1.10.11-1.ns7.noarch.rpm
1 Like