Proxy Web - Java/SSL Web problems

**NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.7.1908 (final)
**Module: Web Proxy & Filter

Good Morning,

I leave this post because I have mounted a Nethserver as a web proxy and I am constantly having problems with the access that depends on the Java machine and programs such as Self-signing, registrars, etc … all programs that have certificates give problems in one way and another. How can I do so that the Java machine and the programs / web pages in question do not give problems permanently that in the end force me to have to leave the job in question without step pro proxy …

Thanks greetings!

You can try setting the specific domains/web pages and host to bypass the proxy.

Does NethServer have issues with the Web Proxy when it comes to those websites that require web sockets? I have had similar issues with FreeNas & Xen Orchestra behind the reverse proxy where the websites themselves were unusable and it was due to web sockets not being properly configured on NethServer without having to drop down to CLI and create a custom template.

I don’t know. Maybe @filippo_carletti has some tip.

I have never experienced problems with squid and websockets. And never had reports of problems I had to investigate.
However, I know that squid is not able to proxy ws, but ws will work anyway thanks to the support for connect. Please note that connect is enabled only on port 443.
If your software is using a different port you could try to enable connect on all ports removing the following line from squid.conf:

http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

EDIT: if you know the port you can add it to the Safe ports list with:

config setprop squid SafePorts 8765,1234

Let us know if this solves your problem, we may evaluate a change in the default squid configuration.

3 Likes