Proxmox VE 7.0 released

Since a lot of people here use Proxmox, VE version 7.0 was released a few days ago. It features an upgrade to Debian 11, QEMU 6.0, LXC 4.0, and OpenZFS 2.0.4. Some major feature changes include:

• Allows installation on btrfs (though I have no clue why anyone would want this, especially when it’s supported native ZFS installation for a long time; even RedHat finally dumped btrfs)
  • Directly download ISOs to any configured storage–enter the URL (and optionally a checksum) in the web UI, and it will download (and verify) for you
  • Markdown is supported in Notes fields, so your notes can look like this*:
  • The web UI supports SSO authentication, so you can use my LemonLDAP::NG module to authenticate (instructions here: Install LemonLDAP::NG SSO/IAM on Nethserver)

Release notes here:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_7.0

And if you want to hear about the new features from a robot, see here:

*well, almost like that. Proxmox doesn’t have a dark mode natively. To get that, see:

4 Likes

@danb35

I was quite surprised about Btrfs too, after all the effort they have put in to co-develop OpenZFS…
ZFS is the best FileSystem I’ve seen, and Proxmox has it well built in.

I do like the CEPH improvement!

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

I did the in-place upgrade from 6.4 to 7.0 via ssh on a 2 nodes cluster (without ZFS or ceph; only Linux VMs) and it worked like a charm.

2 Likes

A new installation with zfs raid 1 works fast and good. No problems till now.

And the single filerestore works now with NethServer VMs out of the box in the GUI :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes