Proxmox HA chat

@oneitonitram

Hi

That works, eg using a Raspberry. More common nowadays is using a minimalist VM (Available already as downloads) to vote the same as the machine it’s running on. For a two or three node system, run such a VM on each node. That gives you a safe quorum - and is the accepted way of doing things nowadays!

My 2 cents
Andy

Interesting. Can you provide a name or link for one of these prebuilt VM’s to use as the quorum vote.

@vesalius

Hi

I can’t find the link anymore (had to replace and restore my Macbook from an older backup / TM…) but this might help:

Another Tip / Background…

and from the source:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Cluster_Manager#_corosync_external_vote_support

Tip: Setup a Debian10 as LXC or VM and use that as q-device. It should vote same as the Proxmox it’s running on.
Raspberry OS is based of Debian… :slight_smile:
apt install corosync-qnetd

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

As I am busy to set up my new Proxmox VE HA cluster, I was browsing some info and this interesting solution caught my eye: Deskpool
This is a VDI solution for several hypervisors, including proxmox.

Anyone ever tried this? I think this could be a very nice addition to create a desktop environment in a fast and secure way.
The ‘free’ version has a maximum of 25 user sessions.
video on what it is and can do:

@robb

Hi Rob

RDP works well enough, is around for a long time, and transfers what I need.
Clients available for almost ALL OS, no matter how exotic!

Why would I want to use the rather special VDI?

Especially for smaller environments, RDP, a Raspberry as precoded minimalist Client…
Have this running for about 30 Desktops, some even over VPN - all no issues!

I often use this with TSplus…
(https://www.terminalserviceplus.com/)
This converts a standard Windows PC (Win10, Win7) to a true MultiUser “Terminal Server”, has more options than the much more expensive MS Terminal Server (Needs a full server underneath), and more important:

A Win10 VM has the same look & feel as a normal PC / Notebook with Win10 - something you can’t say for a Terminal Server based on Windows Server…

There are other VDI solutions out there, if you must use VDI, most are commercial, some have free, limited versions…

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like