Proxmox Backup Server Client install

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009
Is there some one who have tried to install this backup client GitHub - sg4r/proxmox-backup-client: CentOS 7 or CentOS 8 Client for Proxmox Backup Server on Nethserver, and make it work.
Then I would like some tips.

Michael Nielsen

What have you tried already? They publish a RPM, so I’d think it should be easy enough to install on Neth. From there, I’d suppose you’d use it the same as you’d use any other installation of that client.

I did it with:
yum install https://github.com/sg4r/proxmox-backup-client/releases/download/v1.0.11/proxmox-backup-1.0.11-2.x86_64.el7.rpm
yum install sg3_utils

1 Like

Super, many thanks for the help :+1: :smiley: :smiley:

Have you try to get a Cron job to run?
As you can see here then I have try several things:
Scheduling proxmox-backup-client - Support - NethServer Community
But did not make it work:-(

i’ve done only a quick test, just installed it to see if worked, I had installed also fuse3-libs
backup seems to work well on a local pbs, scheduled with basic systemd timer, tested recovery via fuse mount, It allowed me to mount the backup and recover some test file…
still to test what interested to me most: backup on remote pbs using token, but i have no time for now…

1 Like

i have tested with systemd timers, that I know little and I wanted to try, so they may not be complete…

content of: /etc/systemd/system/pbs-client.service

[Unit]
Description=Exec pbs-client on mystore
Wants=pbs-client.timer

[Service]
Environment="PBS_PASSWORD=mypass"
#Environment= for PBS_REPOSITORY
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/proxmox-backup-client backup root.pxar:/ --repository MYPBS:mystore

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

and /etc/systemd/system/pbs-client.timer

[Unit]
Description=Run pbs-client daily

[Timer]
OnCalendar=daily
Persistent=true

[Install]
WantedBy=timers.target
1 Like