Continuing the discussion from Vlans can't have DHCP server?:
Of course. That’s how we’re working and always worked!
yes of course it’s ok.
But if we want to extend it to a full Pull Request howto and not only the merge phase… could be something like this?
- The developer fork the project and create the feature in local repo
- The developer pushes the branch to it’s own github fork
- The developer require a pull request in Github
- The developer or some dev team member open also a discussion on the forum (discuss it, and review the code, and if needed reccomend changes)
- new dev.nethserver.org issue (who should create it?)
- devteam member merge it in official repo and close the pull request
- QA/Test of the new package
- if ok, release of the new package
Phase 4 could end with approval or rejection, And a test case should be created for testing.
We go to phase 5 only if approved and if test case is present
Please review and correct the single steps. I think could be a useful howto
Sounds good for me! Looking forward to other insights
I’d like to skip step 5
Some of you already know my thoughts!
In other words, leave out Redmine, and start using GitHub only.
That’s very clear and helpful, take a look!