Problems with Nextcloud after installing the Update from today

NethServer Version: 7.8.2003
Module: Nextcloud 20.0.1

Hello friends,

I installed the offered update for Nextcloud this morning and now I have no access to my cloud anymore.
I see this error message in my web browser:

Downgrading is not supported and is likely to cause unpredictable issues (from 20.0.1.1 to 19.0.3.1)

In this context I also noticed that on my server 2x Postgres SQL is installed, which listens on two different ports. Is this normal, or is it related to today’s update?

Thanks for the help.

Greetings and stay healthy…

Uwe

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

If you previously installed NC 20 from the nethserver-testing repository the last 1.14.2 package can result in a downgrade to NC 19 and that message appears.

Try to install the latest NC 20 package from nethserver testing

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update nethserver-nextcloud

It should be nethserver-nextcloud-1.14.2-1.5.g0c5de18.ns7.noarch.rpm

1 Like

This is another issue. Mattermost was upgraded to version 5.26, which requires PostgreSQL 12. If you do not use the version 9.4 for other purposes you can stop and disable it at startup with

systemctl disable --now rh-postgresql94-postgresql.service

The package and its dependencies (check them out carefully!) can be removed with

yum remove nethserver-postgresql94

Edit: the nethserver-mattermost upgrade procedure actually stops and disable the service if it does not find any DB other than Mattermost’s one. However it cannot uninstall (and it shouldn’t) pg94: that step must be done manually.

It seems it worked correctly in your case :wink:

The above information will be reported in NS 7.9 release notes.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like