Problems with eMail / Dovecot

Hello,

after the last routinely update on Dec. 14th to the
System version NethServer release 7.6.1810 (final)
Kernel 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7.x86_64

SOGo can no longer access the mailboxes of the user, as well as the reception and sending of mail is no longer possible.

Is there a solution to the problem?

greetings

Gerald

That would be the approach I have …
Here would be an excerpt from the mail log:

> Dec 15 09:11:22 openzwo dovecot: lmtp(7652): Connect from local Dec 15 09:11:22 openzwo dovecot: lmtp(7652, gerald.musch@nandlnet.de): Fatal: Plugin 'sieve_imapsieve' not found from directory /usr/lib64/dovecot/sieve Dec 15 09:11:23 openzwo postfix/lmtp[7651]: 8F1B253C: to=<gerald.musch@nandlnet.de>, relay=openzwo.nandlnet.de[/var/run/dovecot/lmtp], delay=522, delays=522/0.06/0.08/0.12, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred (lost connection with openzwo.nandlnet.de[/var/run/dovecot/lmtp] while sending end of data -- message may be sent more than once)

It seems that dovecot-pigeonhole is missing.
You could try to install it with yum dovecot-pigeonhole.

Here’s what I have:

[root@nethservice ~]# rpm -q dovecot-pigeonhole
dovecot-pigeonhole-2.2.36-3.el7.x86_64

I also have the same version:

[root@openzwo ~]# rpm -q dovecot-pigeonhole
dovecot-pigeonhole-2.2.10-8.el7.x86_64
[root@openzwo ~]#

I wanted to reinstall but then I get the following error message that it is not found.

[root@openzwo ~]# yum reinstall dovecot-pigeonhole*
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, changelog, fastestmirror, nethserver_events
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * ce-base: ftp.heanet.ie
 * ce-extras: ftp.heanet.ie
 * ce-updates: ftp.heanet.ie
 * epel: mirror.imt-systems.com
 * epel-debuginfo: mirror.imt-systems.com
 * nethforge: server.liftingtrade.hu
 * nethserver-updates: server.liftingtrade.hu
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package dovecot-pigeonhole.x86_64 1:2.2.10-8.el7 will be reinstalled
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

===============================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                             Arch                                    Version                                            Repository                                Size
===============================================================================================================================================================================================
Reinstalling:
 dovecot-pigeonhole                                  x86_64                                  1:2.2.10-8.el7                                     ce-base                                  304 k

Transaction Summary
Reinstall  1 Package

Total download size: 304 k
Installed size: 1.1 M
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
Downloading packages:
dovecot-pigeonhole-2.2.10-8.el FAILED                                          
http://mirror.rackspace.com/CentOS/7.6.1810/os/x86_64/Packages/dovecot-pigeonhole-2.2.10-8.el7.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found             ]  0.0 B/s |    0 B  --:--:-- ETA 
Trying other mirror.
To address this issue please refer to the below wiki article 

https://wiki.centos.org/yum-errors

If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please use https://bugs.centos.org/.

maybe cleaning up the yum cache can help?

You may run:
yum clean all && yum makecache

and after this try do a full update:

yum update

2 Likes

Hi, Thank You @mark_nl !

That was the problem.
Only why the installation routine always gets stuck, that was the problem for the second time.

greetings
Gerald

1 Like