Problem with filters in Roundcube

I have two things I can’t get to work with Roundcube. I only use Roundcube to setup the filters on the server, Thunderbird is used for reading and sending mails.

1. I receive mail that I forward to a different mailbox based on recipient. This works fine as long as the original address is in the To-field but not when it’s in the CC-field.
  2. I have a rule that doesn’t t store the mails in a folder with an extended character, ä, in the folder name. I changed the name of the folder and it works fine now but I would like to be able to name the folders properly. I saw an old bug at Roundcube having to do with encoding, the problem in that case happened because the folder was encoded as UTF-8 but I’m not sure if that is the same situation now.

You can add a filter “…” and define any header field like “Cc” or “Bcc”:

Once defined fields are available in the dropdown.

To solve this I needed to activate the config file for the Roundcube managesieve plugin by copying the config.inc.php.dist file.

cp /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php.dist /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php

This config file contains

$config['managesieve_mbox_encoding'] = 'UTF-8';

that fixes the encoding issue.

2 Likes