Problem Collabora on Smartphone

Hi all

I’ve install Nextcloud APP on my Smartphone Android but if i try to open a document he says "loading takes a long time … " and doesn’t open

Can anyone here use Smartphone with Nextcloud to view/edit document?

logs are our only hope

Yes :slight_smile:
Where i find the LOG to troubleshoot?

UPDATE:

If do tail -f /var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud/nextcloud.log
And I try to open a doc or xls file from the Nextcloud app in the log file I don’t see anything writing

1 Like
/var/log/httpd\*
/var/log/messages
/var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud/nextcloud.log

After that the error could be on your firewall, on your android client, on the android nextcloud version…

you have to verify and close a lot of doors one after one

ok I checked all the logs while I open the file on the smartphone and the only log file where he writes something is this:

/var/log/httpd/access_log:

37.162.40.95 - - [15/Feb/2022:09:46:45 +0100] “POST /ocs/v2.php/apps/richdocuments/api/v1/document?format=json HTTP/1.1” 200 217 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) Nextcloud-android/3.17.0”
37.162.40.95 - - [15/Feb/2022:09:46:45 +0100] “GET /ocs/v2.php/cloud/user?format=json HTTP/1.1” 200 512 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) Nextcloud-android/3.17.0”

Not sure we might help you on this forum you need to seek help on the nextcloud forum and come back with the fix I bet

Some clues

What is your android version and what is the nextcloud client you use. I saw 3.17 but it exists 3.19

I tought that the nextcloud client just was used to synchronise and not to open a rich document

Could you try directly with firefox/chrome on your android device ?

1 Like

Hi

i’ve try to open rich document directly from the browser and it works

1 Like

UPDATE:

I try with another smartphone Android this model is more recent then mine smartphone, and it works, so the problem seems the version of Android i suppose…

There are some debugging tool or log on the phone for see what exactly is the problem?

Thanks

You need at least Android 5.0, see Nextcloud Android client home.

There is some info on the Nextcloud Android github page.

This is why it doesnt work Planned obsolescence - Wikipedia

1 Like

@mrmarkuz

I check now and my smartphone has Android Version 6.0.1