Private Master Email Distribution List

I’m looking to do something specific, however it may be too specific to my use case, that no one else needs this or has done it, but I figured I’d ask anyway.

I am trying to create an internal email address, for example we’ll use user-groups@domain.com, that when a user sends an email to user-groups@domain.com, it will forward it on to specific groups, however we do not want the email address user-groups@domain.com to be displayed in the TO field of the email.

Basically, what I’m trying to accomplish is that I send an email to user-groups@domain.com, it will then send that message via BCC to the groups I’ve specified for that email address. This is to create a mass distribution email address for our Administrative staff to get important messages out, and that replies will go to the person who sent the original message, but also that can not be used by those who do not know the address.

Let me know if anyone has done this with NethServer and if so, how you accomplished it. Or if you can help me accomplish that, I would be greatly appreciative of your assistance.

@cfd10

Hi

This is actually quite easy to accomplish:

Create a specific user (eg dristobutor@domain.tld) as a dump-box.
Set forwarding rules for that mail-account: forward to eg. user-group@domain.tld…
Here you can use BCC…

My 2 cents
Andy

I don’t see an option for forward using BCC. It just says forward messages, and forward addresses.

Hi

If you reeally need a BCC, you might need to create a custom template (e-smith templating system).
Test it first if it works, when it does, it’s worth making a custom template if needed.
If it doesn’t work, well, back to the drawing board… :slight_smile:

Note: Even if using BCC - the original reciepient will (most likely) be displayed in the mail headers, as this is all on the same server…

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

look at this sympa [NethServer Wiki]

1 Like

Apologies for the delay. I noticed this several months ago, but could never seem to get it working.