Printer installation via GPO

Nethserver 7.9

Hello everybody . I was wondering if through GPO I can share a printer configured on cups for all windows clients. At the moment it is regularly seen on the net, but I wanted to install it automatically. I use GPO for windows rules, network mappings and more, but haven’t found a way how to do it on nethserver.

You can not do this on Nethserver;

GPO’s can be configured with Remote Server Administration Tools (rsat).

Starting with Windows 10 October 2018 Update, RSAT is included as a set of “Features on Demand” in Windows 10 itself.

Do not ask me how though…

2 Likes

Mark is right, you need to use Windows RSAT, Group Policy Management tools is what you are looking for, but i can tell you, printers, especially the non-network ones are a pain to setup there :-/, especially if you have more than one operational system in your network.

2 Likes

Yes Mark, I had previously written that I use RSAT, in fact I risk creating GPOs and more. I haven’t found a way to configure printers and driver unloading automatically via GPO. I hope I have understood correctly, unfortunately I have to translate from Google … However, with RSAT to date I have done several things, but I believe that it is not possible to install via GPO a network printer shared by nethserver’s AD as I have not found or lacked the management of the print servers by DI AD.

1 Like

that is working fine :grinning: (gg translate: che sta funzionando benissimo)

@ssabbath seems to have dealt with it…

gg translate:
ma posso dirti, le stampanti, specialmente quelle non di rete, sono un problema da installare lì :tired_face:

1 Like

I really dont remember but ther is a way to sendo drivers too.

I did this in a 2012R2 server, so a while ago… if i find anything i make a tutorial.

1 Like

Yes excellent, practically the printer is installed via GPO (on windows server) and accompanied by drivers depending on the operating system that