Phpvirtualbox-5.2 needs testers

development

(Stéphane de Labrusse) #1

Hi mates

Something new to play with : nethserver-phpvirtualbox-5.2

It aims to install belong VirtualBox-5.2 a web interface to manage your virtual machine.

Virtualbox compile its modules on the most updated kernel, so be sure to update first your virtual-machine or your server if you want to test it. In fact the kernel-headers and the kernel-devel are not provided for all kernels in the centOS repository, they are removed from time to time.

Once done:

yum install nethserver-phpvirtualbox-5.2 --enablerepo=nethforge-testing

after that go to

https://YourServer/phpvirtualbox

login: admin
passwd: admin

you have three authentication modes

internal (default)
LDAP (openldap)
AD (active directory)

these can be modified with the property Authentication

all is restricted by default to the local network, phpvirtualbox web application and the consoleRDP (to display the VM over the RDP protocol inside phpvirtualbox web application)

you could modify them with properties

access (private/public)
accessRDP (green/red)

you could modify either the apache path (https://IP/path) or use phpvirtualbox with a domain name

URL (change the default https://IP/phpvirtualbox)
DomainName (specify a FQDN to use phpvirtualbox)

the full readme of nethserver-phpvirtualbox-5.2
the documentation of the project

the sources of these rpm are available on my github, I propose to push them to nethserver once we could validate them

nethserver-phpvirtualbox-5.2
nethserver-virtualbox-5.2
phpvirtualbox-5.2

config show phpvirtualbox

phpvirtualbox=configuration
    AdminGroup=vboxadmin
    AdminUser=admin
    AdvancedSettings=false
    Authentication=internal
    DomainName=
    QuotaPerUser=5
    TCPPortsRDP=9000-9100
    URL=
    UserGroup=vboxuser
    VMOwnerShip=true
    access=private
    accessRDP=green
    ipaddrRDP=
    status=enabled
config setprop phpvirtualbox accessRDP red AdvancedSettings enabled
signal-event nethserver-phpvirtualbox-5.2-update

(Matthieu Gaillet) #2

Great Stéphane !

Any possibility to migrate existing VM from Webvritmgr to Virtualbox ?

(Stéphane de Labrusse) #3

I think it is feasible, not sure about the difficulty

this is an example, libvirt kvm migration to virtualbox could give a lot of hints

(Markus Neuberger) #4

I tested on a vmware VM (only 32 bit guest) and it works like a charm:

After installing adobe flash I could use the web console in browser (using Firefox and Windows 10):

Remote desktop is working too:

I only had a green interface in my VM and there was an error when expanding templates because $red is not set, after setting up a red interface it worked.

[root@testserver ~]# expand-template /usr/share/phpvirtualbox-5.2/config.php
ERROR in /etc/e-smith/templates//usr/share/phpvirtualbox-5.2/config.php/20SettingsRDP: Program fragment delivered error <<Can't call method "prop" on an undefined value at /etc/e-smith/templates//usr/share/phpvirtualbox-5.2/config.php/20SettingsRDP line 21.>> at template line 5
ERROR: Template processing failed for //usr/share/phpvirtualbox-5.2/config.php: 1 fragment generated errors
 at /sbin/e-smith/expand-template line 45.

It seems like virtualbox supports QEMU file format and more virtual disks, so maybe it’s enough to copy the qcow file and just put it in a virtualbox VM:

grafik

(Stéphane de Labrusse) #5

we could set up a failback to green but in this case you could not be aware that you must have a red nic :-?

thank for the test :smiley:

I use it only in a virtualbox VM, I need to test on a real hardware because I have had only 32 bit guests, I hope this is a limitation to use virtualbox in another virtualbox :slight_smile:

If someone beat me, please shoot

(Stéphane de Labrusse) #6

a new way to handle the source code

The purpose is to handle the repository of VirtualBox and phpvirtualbox in one repository instead of three.

It should ease the maintenance for us about virtualbox, indeed we must stick to a particular release, for example I developed for VirtualBox-5.2, but VirtualBox-6.0 is just released, so the only change to do is in the specfile

- %define virtualboxversion 5.2
+ %define virtualboxversion 6.0

Like this we could manage with the same repository, we just need to create a new branch.

if you want to play

yum install nethserver-virtualbox-5.2-phpvirtualbox --enablerepo=nethforge-testing

the documentation

AD and VirtualBox