Phpldapadmin suddenly not working anymore

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009 (final)
Module: phpldapadmin
Good day, I booted up my Nethserver after loadshedding (power outage) this morning and when I went to my phpldapadmin module login page I received this:

Deprecated : Required parameter $data follows optional parameter $subitem in /usr/share/phpldapadmin/lib/functions.php on line 931

Fatal error : Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /usr/share/phpldapadmin/lib/functions.php on line 1641
Please can someone advise on how to fix this?
Thanking you.

That does not really sound like a power outage
 Sounds more like an unintended or automatic update of some software. Then again, the info give is way to limited to even start analyze.

@LayLow

“loadshedding” are planned outages by the power / utility company, as South Africa has issues with power generation

Usually, IT are correctly shut down

Distributed, rolling, planned outages might be another term

:slight_smile:

my 2 cents
Andy

@LayLow I am unsure exactly what you are trying to say. I shut down my Nethserver before loadshedding happens, as it is done on a specific schedule. There were no updates done to my Nethserver recently, so I do not think it was that, although I may be wrong. That being said, I am also not sure what other or additional information I could provide.
@Andy_Wismer We call it loadshedding here in South Africa, yes it is planned and we have an app to tell us when it will occur.

Fair enough. Both @Andy_Wismer and you have educated me on ‘loadshedding’. I never heard about it and in my region it never happens.

That said. I was thinking about PHP version, latest yum updates etc. AND when you last used phpldapadmin (yum updates occured, not using phpldapadmin, loadshedding (reboot), use phpldapamin → issue).

Then again, thinking out loud here to see what happened.

@LayLow Fair enough, it’s an ongoing issue in South Africa at the moment with no end in sight.
With regards to updates, I see what you are getting at now, I will check when last updates were installed and take it from there. You are thinking correctly, I last used phpldapadmin quite some time ago, to be honest. So would I have to look at upgrading phpldapadmin manually?

You opened another thread with the same error some time ago:

Does using the IP still work?
Which php version do you use?

[root@server2 ~]# php -v
PHP 5.4.16 (cli) (built: Apr  1 2020 04:07:17)
2 Likes

So I am unsure what has changed recently.

Thinking out loud here again, if the issue is/seems related to FQDN the DNS en resolving comes to mind. Especially since IP based access seems to work.

Did anything change on DNS related side? Maybe a manually edit in resolv.conf or even a addition that took ‘custody’ of the resolving pat/players? I hope DNS matters are resolved locally (LAN) first and not by a third party in any way.

@LayLow no, no changes to DNS, in fact the only DNS settings I have anywhere that are internal is in my hosts file on Windows 10. I have no DNS configuration in nethserver, not needed as externally all websites and FQDNs are working 100%. I am not going to worry about it too much ,it works with IP address, so not a major issue. Thank you all for the assistance.