Personal Financial Manager Software (like Quicken, MS-Money)

No, actually I’m quite happy with Dolibarr as a business solution. I don’t need to buy any apps, but can if it’s easier or whatever…

But I’m liking Moneydance…

Different requirements for different people but I will say I use Invoice Ninja as my go to billing/invoicing platform & absolutely love it.

@royceb

Billing is not the itch, that’s already covered… :slight_smile:

Not sure if this will do all you want but is worth a look. I had a play with it a while back, it looked good and desktop version comes at the right price too - but for tablet/phone you need the cloud features.

https://www.manager.io/

I will mention this one as well although it is very Australian-centric (taxes and reporting) in case Aussies may be lurking here: https://www.freeaccountingsoftware.com.au/

Cheers,

Klaus

1 Like

Look as good as Dolibarr? You might need your eyes checked. I went to see if that old software has had a facelift. Nope, still looks like something from the 80’s. It looks like an engineer threw it together with no thought for UX or UI.

I find the layout of Akaunting much more logical and aesthetically pleasing. The costs for add-ons are pretty reasonable, and most of which are a one off cost not ongoing, and the basic functionality is already baked in.

Dolibarr needs to move into the 21st century, it needs a more logical layout, cleaner appearance and more graphs on the dashboard that show expenses, profit / loss and outstanding bills. Some links to OFX in banking and paypal wouldn’t go astray either.

@0ctatr0n

Hi

As said, I’m NOT looking for “bookkeeping” software. I’m looking for a Personal Financial Manager - as the title says, in the same league as eg Quicken or MS-Money, with mobile Apps and a non cloud method of synching.

I will have a look at Akaunting again as a bookkepping software, but was under the impression that you need “Apps” to be able to use Akaunting properly…

Two MAJOR differences: A bookkeeping software has to fulfil local accounting laws - a personal financial manager only has to fulfil banking requirements for online access, and my whims.
I will need to check that Akaunting does have support for swiss financial requirements…

Hm…

Do I need to become turkish to use this App? Under regulations are 3 apps, two cater exclusively for the turkish market… :frowning:
There are other turkish apps, but none specifically for other countries.
Seems a major coder is a turk living in germany. Nothing wrong with that, but I’m not a turk, kurd or anyone from that region!
And: I’m not about to start supporting religious fanatics like Erdowahn with taxes!

For personal financial manager, my choice is Moneydance. And it can handle swiss banks!

My 2 cents
Andy

I’m surprised you didn’t look at GNUCash, I used it back in the day when starting out my business. It always seemed to be more focused on record keeping than invoicing. It has double entry accounting and support for maintaining information on shares, bonds and investments, and I think it had OFX and HBCI support. You could store the data file on Dropbox or Syncthing or perhaps Onedrive to allow access on all your PC’s and it would still be available offline

This article seems to mention a way to link your bank account for live updates of transactions: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/AqBanking

GnuCash is NOT available as an App, neither for iOS nor Android…

So that makes GnuCash a bad fit. I did look at it…