Overview over IP Reservations

Hi to all,

in cockpit DHCP-GUI you can’t see all IP-Reservations and leases. Only when I enter somthing in the searchbar, the coresponding reservations are lsitet.

IMO it should be shown in another way.
All reservation and leases should be shown and if I enter something in the search field, the list should be reduced to the result.

Is this possible?

Alternative “Reservations” or “Leases” right hand of the number could be a link to a popup overview.

ATM I only found the full list in firewall objects, where the reservation object are shown with (DNS).

Whats your opinion about it?

BR

Do you mean that you don’t have any DHCP lease and only IP reservations?

No, if you look at the picture above, you can see that there are 18 reservations and 10 leases.
But non of them are shown in the page.
Only when I enter something in the search field, hosts with leases appear.

I think that should be turned over, so all hosts are shown by default and when I enter something in the search field, the list reduces to the result.
Or am I looking in the wrong place for DHCP?
I’m here
grafik

I can’t reproduce. When I open DHCP page, I alreday see all leases and reservation.
Please be sure that your package is up to date and no errors are showed into browser console.

When pressing F5 In browser conlsole I get:

API exec: system-authorization/read
$ /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-authorization/read | jq nethserver.js:41:17
API exec: system-task/read
$ /usr/bin/setsid /usr/bin/sudo /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-task/read | jq nethserver.js:41:17
API exec: system-settings/read
$  echo '{"action":"hints"}' | /usr/bin/sudo /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-settings/read | jq nethserver.js:41:17
grep: /sys/class/dmi/id/power/autosuspend_delay_ms: Input/output error
cockpit.js:590:36
$ /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-authorization/read | jq nethserver.js:41:17
tasks undefined App.vue:451
tasks no running tasks App.vue:451
TypeError: "t.toLowerCase is not a function"
    n vue-good-table.js:944
    compare vue-good-table.js:946
    e vue-good-table.js:6326
    2b0e VueJS
    processedRows vue-good-table.js:6314
    VueJS 3
    paginated vue-good-table.js:6337
    VueJS 3
    render vue-good-table.js:14972
    VueJS 7
vue.runtime.esm.js:1888
Source-Map-Fehler: Error: request failed with status 404
Ressourcen-Adresse: https://nethserver.jeckel.local:9090/cockpit/$f81af3f444e399…2d8f7c4fb38e82b3d0802d39f1571c9564734f3a523/base1/cockpit.js
Source-Map-Adresse: cockpit.min.js.map

EDIT: tested on FF, Edge, Chrome ond Opera
Installed packages are
nethserver-cockpit-lib-1.3.13-1.1.gd30496f.ns7.noarch
nethserver-cockpit-1.3.13-1.1.gd30496f.ns7.noarch

you have testing rpm … why ?

yum downgrade nethserver-cockpit-lib nethserver-cockpit

Yes, its testing rpm. To have a look at the new service page. Installed this morning.
=> Cockpit where are the firewall rules for services and policies?
I’m aware of that, but you are right, I will downgrade and have a look.

Downgraded and restartet browser.
Now I get

API exec: system-task/read
$ /usr/bin/setsid /usr/bin/sudo /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-task/read | jq nethserver.js:41:17
API exec: system-settings/read
$  echo '{"action":"hints"}' | /usr/bin/sudo /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-settings/read | jq nethserver.js:41:17
grep: /sys/class/dmi/id/power/autosuspend_delay_ms: Input/output error
cockpit.js:590:36
Source-Map-Fehler: Error: request failed with status 404
Ressourcen-Adresse: https://nethserver.jeckel.local:9090/cockpit/$8be14e6d5e5851…3b608a7def8f1f1bc2d7e58e9c62b40883e4c47d3a8/base1/cockpit.js
Source-Map-Adresse: cockpit.min.js.map
tasks undefined App.vue:451
tasks no running tasks App.vue:451
TypeError: "t.toLowerCase is not a function"
    n vue-good-table.js:944
    compare vue-good-table.js:946
    e vue-good-table.js:6326
    2b0e VueJS
    processedRows vue-good-table.js:6314
    VueJS 3
    paginated vue-good-table.js:6337
    VueJS 3
    render vue-good-table.js:14972
    VueJS 7
vue.runtime.esm.js:1888
GEThttps://nethserver.jeckel.local:9090/cockpit/static/fonts/OpenSans-Bold-webfont.woff
[HTTP/1.1 200 OK 3ms]

downloadable font: kern: Too large subtable (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:700 stretch:100 src index:0) source: https://nethserver.jeckel.local:9090/cockpit/static/fonts/OpenSans-Bold-webfont.woff unknown:13:clock11:
downloadable font: Table discarded (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:700 stretch:100 src index:0) source: https://nethserver.jeckel.local:9090/cockpit/static/fonts/OpenSans-Bold-webfont.woff unknown:13:11

when pressing F5

Could you Clear cache?

Cleared cache of broswer and of proxy. No change. :disappointed_relieved:

Restart cockpit also

1 Like

Still the same.

I’m using Win10 1909. Java is installed 1.8.0_231 in 32 bit and 64 bit.

And now I’ve to go home to my family, otherwise my wife will be :rage:
Thanks for you help and until tomorrow!

1 Like

I did some tests. It’s not on client side.
Tested with other clients (Win10 1903 / Win 7). On all the same behaviour.

So it’s server side. And if I understand correctly it’s an issue, so I change the topic from feature to support.

EDIT: now I found, that if I click on Hostname nothing happens, but if I click on Desciption / IP address / MAC address or Lease expiration, the whole list appears! :thinking: :slight_smile:
So it has something to do with the grabbing of the hostnames??

Can you explain better how to reproduce the issue? I can’t reproduce it.

I can’t explain how to repoduce. But I can explain what happens on my installation:

when I enter the DHCP section or pressing F5 in browser, the list of hosts and their info is empty:

now I click on i.e. IP address and all Hosts with all info appear:

The info appears when clicking on “Description”, “IP address”, “Mac address” or “Lease expiration”, but not when clicking on “Hostname”. Also when the list is appeared, the sorting (asc/des) only works with the above items, but again not with “Hostname”.
So I asume it’s a bug in the function which calls the hostnames. Maybe somthing related to case sensitivity, because of “t.toLowerCase is not a function”.

Somewhere I read that this error appears when the variable is not a string.
Now I can repoduce: Just create a reservation with a hostname with only numbers i.e. 123456.

4 Likes

Here we are!
I will open the bug asap!

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is the issue

6 Likes

Released

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.