Offline updates

Hi to all!
I would like to ask if a Nethserver solution can be updated offline, for example in a test environment without any external connection. In case it is possible, how can it be done?
Thank you very much

Theorethically I would say:
Create a repository on your local network where you copy all updates to, then point your nethserver to the local repository and do the update.
I can imagine this would be useful if you have a poor internet connection and multiple nethservers to update. Then you need to download the updates only once instead for each nethserver instance.

Thank you very much for your reply. So, it is not possible to do it through an “Update Media” like in CentOS?

nethserver is a clone of centos but we provide external packages, for this one we do not have yet a way like centos provides, even if I read somewhere an idea not validated by the dev team.

The problem of the mirrored repository is the ton of needed rpm, even if for a dev environment I did it sometime ago because you can download even better than with the fiber connexion.

So if I understand well it is a WSUS-like solution. Thank you very much for your time! Have you all a very nice day!

1 Like