NS8: Unable to remove App from UI when its repository is disabled

Could be a bug caused by a user trying to break things even when some of his actions make no sense.

1. Install and configure an app
  2. Disable app’s source software repository (why? :person_shrugging:)
  3. App is accessible only from App Launcher but cannot be uninstalled/removed (at least from UI)
3 Likes

hello

I think it is a feature, for example when you add a module for testing with add-module, the app is not listed in the software center but in the application menu

If that is a feature, then I’d like to propose a new feature / function that goes hand in hand with this.

Disable which user can enable a repository.

This way, an admin user can enable a repo, install apps, disable the repo. Then no any other admin can remove it, unless they use ssh

Related to disabling repositories:
When disabling default repository the “Core apps” modal window cannot list installed core apps.

For me it can stay as is …just reporting it.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! Bug filed here:

2 Likes

Just tried to update to the latest dev Core version;

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/nethserver/cluster/actions/list-modules/50read", line 37, in <module>
    available = cluster.modules.list_available(rdb, skip_core_modules = True)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/agent/pypkg/cluster/modules.py", line 260, in list_available
    rmod['versions'].sort(key=lambda v: get_version_tuple(v["tag"]), reverse=True)
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'str'

Software Center is no longer able to list apps (continuous busy)

It seems that the listing of apps is mailfunctioning, so also cluster status is no longer functioning:

How to downgrade please?

Downgrade is not possible from UI. I assume you are just testing the development version because you have “Testing” enabled for the Default repo. In this case, run the documented uninstall procedure and start from scratch.

If you want to help in finding the error origin, try to disable additional repositories, if you have any, and report if the error disappears or not.

Thank you.

Disabled all, and enabled 1 by 1 standard and test. The updated apps list fails when the testing repo of Netserver Forge is enabled. Core 2.8.4-dev.1 seems installed correctly

1 Like

In this case, you can also disable the Testing flag of Default repo, disable NethForge and wait for the next core stable release.

1 Like

Thanks.

Released in Core 2.8.4

1 Like

1 server could be upgraded to 2.8.4, another which had 2.8.4-dev.1 installed has no update available.

Is Default repo the only one enabled?
Without Testing switch?

Yes

And current version:

And no update available.

I’m sorry if upgrade is not possible from UI of 2.8.4-dev.1. I tested the upgrade from 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 to 2.8.4, then from 2.8.4 to a (fake) 2.8.5, but never tried to fix the testing release. In all cases the update was offered and worked correctly for me.

I suggest to reinstall your testing machine.

Is it possible from the command line?

Then I guess this is a serious bug (especially IF a re-install is the only remedy) to escape this deadlock. This should not be possible from the UI.

I had testing enabled and updates from stable to x-dev.1 and to the next stable all went smooth with multiple modules until this one hit a snag. So something must be at a miss.