NS8 - On prem sharing files and folders

NethServer Version: NS 8
Module: SAMBA
Hello,
Simple question can a single NS 8 server (as of Dec 1st 2023) share files and folders via Samba as NS 7 does? If so how? There doesn’t seem to be anyway of doing it via the web interface although I’ve run through the users and groups setup process.

Kind Regards
And

File server must be enabled in the DC provisioning form

There’s an UI issue with scrollbars of long forms. The relevant Provide file shares and authentication to Windows clients can be hidden below the fold. I hope @andre8244 can fix it soon.

1 Like

Hello David,

Ah right, I must have fallen foul of the UI issue. Is there a way to enable that option on an existing DC or would I have to delete the existing and re-provision?

Kind Regards
And

Unless I’m already in production with many users I’d create the Samba provider again.

Hello, David

I’ve just re-run the add provider option and I did overlook the option. I’m just testing NS8 at the moment so will revert back to an earlier snapshot and try again.

Regards and thanks for the prompt response.
And

1 Like

Just a brief update. Samba installed and files and folders shared. One thing I did notice though. When running through the Create shared folder ‘wizard’ the Main group (initial folder access permissions) drop down only displays up to 6 Groups (list items). apart from that all is working nicely so far.