Ns8 merged error

The bug is not always reproducible. We didn’t find the condition that triggers it, apart from rebooting the system.

:grimacing: Luckily server systems are never rebooted, right?

1 Like

Davide, we have a government here in Germany that has managed to make everything that people need for their daily lives more expensive in just four years, especially electricity. And that’s why my servers are switched off at night. But I’m happy to report that the server has gone through two complete shutdowns without any problems and all services are up and running again when it’s switched back on.

1 Like

Hoping to have understood correctly, was the error found at the reboot? As written and shown before I tried them all, having also moved from nfs to local storage (zfs, lvm etc) if you restart the server you need to delete the merged files. By now I have become very capable of doing it … and immediately after the server restarts wonderfully with all its apps. It depends on what gets damaged, because the error is not for all apps, but randomly! My cfg proxmox 8.2.2 rocky 9 ns8 . I just wanted to agree that I have about 20 VMs in the most disparate configurations with nvlan etc , no problem . Finally and I insist if the server does not restart it can work forever … and also well …

I forgot, I also changed the type of cpu emulation, with kvm64, qemu64 kernel panic, it works with max qemu and 64xv2.

we think we have a solution/fix, however the true fix is to get podman > 4.7 mayby in rocky9.4 and probably in debianxxx

1 Like

Hello @stephdl so if I wanted to try on my system to see if this correction has hoped effect always waiting for the new. version of podman , what should I do ?

for now wait a bit, still not merged or released

Ok and thank you, certainly being the user who raised these problems, I hope I will be the first to give answers! Thank you as always.

1 Like

yes do not reboot your server :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don’t be afraid, so by now I have become the best merged file eliminator in the world! It reminds me of the movie the eraser arnold schwarzenegger . I’m kidding!

2 Likes

@france

I’ll be back!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @stephdl this update has arrived … is that what we were waiting for ?

I don’t think so, it seems to fix another bug:

https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2024:2083

Thank you, I had seen the changelog and it seemed to me too.

podman must be > 4.7 IIRC

Ok , thank you .