Not possible to login into Webtop

NS8 use 4 Cores. I will test it in the evening, when i am back from the Job.

1 Like

on SSD or spinning drive ?

On SSD.

1 Like

I suspect that you used a slow machine but it seems not…try to reproduce it please

1 Like

Hi @stephdl,

installed with your command above and the same problem like before. No Login possible. Not with admin of webtop and also not with a ad user from NS 8.

Here is the Log:

Screenshot 2024-01-31 205847

2024-01-31T20:42:29+01:00 [1:webtop1:webapp] org.apache.shiro.authz.AuthorizationException: com.sonicle.webtop.core.app.sdk.WTNotFoundException: SID not found for ‘admin@*’

what distro do you use, debian or rocky linux, how did you install NS8, by a script or ???

Debian 12 bookworm. Installed like described in the manual with this command.

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NethServer/ns8-core/ns8-stable/core/install.sh | bash

looking to the CPU it is not a race horse :stuck_out_tongue: Pentium N6005

could you test with rocky linux, rocky is the supported, debian is for the community

Tomorrow I get two new SSD#s. I will install them in the physical server that previously ran NS 7 on two spinning disks. It has 24 GB RAM and 8 core Intel Xeon E3-1245 v& CPU. Then I’ll see if it’s because my HW is perhaps too slow.

Edit: I will test it with rocky

Thanks for today.

yes, I will test on debian but I am pretty sure that it works, however the bug you hit is reproducible on your side so…fun

1 Like

verify too that you use the core 2.40…I suspect something

2 Likes

Hi @stephdl,

I can now give you some feedback.
I installed Rocky Linux, patched it and then NS8.
Virtual HDD 500 GB, 4 CPU cores and 20 GB RAM. I have now chosen openldap as my account provider instead of Samba. Then I installed the mail server function and finally Webtop on top and booted the VM once. And then everything ran like clockwork. Login with the admin and a previously created user works without any problems. It really feels like a racehorse. I also have to say that NS8 runs faster and smoother on Rocky Linux than on Debian. And I’m really a big fan of Debian, just because it’s so stable. My next step will be to install Nextcloud and Collabora and test whether they also run better. Until then, thank you very much!

Regards…

Uwe

1 Like

Hi, I just hit this same problem today.

I moved from Rocky Linux to Debian 12 because my Rocky Linux install of NS8 was unstable… timing out on the active directory/samba on boot. Debian 12 does not. I am also using proxmox and zfs. Obviously a timing issue with databases must be happening. It’s a shame. I really need samba for my file shares and the rest of the ns8 system is working ok-ish. My cluster in proxmox has loads of resources as per below.