No network connection on VPS

NethServer Version: 7.8 (up to date)
Module: your_module
I run a Nethserver instance on an OVH VPS. Last Friday evening, I lost all connections after a reboot. I could connect through KVM. Eth0 was up and running, but no ping ether way. No ssh not web either. I tried to reset network, but no result. Yesterday, I restored a backup, but same behavior.
This morning, I decided to reinstall everything. Centos seemed to work fine and I could install Nethserver. A the end of the process, connection hanged at the following step:
“Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nethserver-config-network.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/nethserver-config-network.service.”
Any idea to find a solution?
Thank you

@support_team
Has somebody an idea.

I am now having this same issue. I have installed NethServer multiple times with the same company (Hetzner) without issue, but now the network is breaking after install and the last thing I see is:

Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nethserver-config-network.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/nethserver-config-network.service.

Any help would be appreciated!

I compared a working VPS to a non-working VPS and I noticed that db networks show showed this difference between them:

working:

eth0=ethernet
    bootproto=dhcp

not working:

eth0=ethernet
    bootproto=none

So I changed the not working one like this:
db networks eth0 setprop bootproto dhcp

Then I restarted the server and it was accessible. Supposedly we can also do signal-event interface-update but I wanted to be safe and do a full restart. :slight_smile:

All is working now.

5 Likes