No Nethserver email via Nextcloud Mail app

Yippiihahhhaaa … das klalalalalappt … Danke schön. Mail in Nextcloud funktioniert nun.

Edit - Translation
Yippiihahhhaaa … that wowowowoworks… Thanky you. Mail in Nextcloud up and running

1 Like

Great. This solution fixes the problem for me too.

Thank you very much @mrmarkuz

1 Like

Nextclould email has stopped again :frowning:
I tried applying the command again but no luck. My mail is working fine elsewhere including via RoundCube. Meanwhile over in my Nextclould logs I see email errors

Fatal mail OCA\Mail\Exception\ServiceException: IMAP errorError connecting to mail server.

Maybe it really is time to give up on Nextcloud mail. How is everyone else’s running?

@mrmarkuz Do you have an idea?

I’m not going to worry about this, I’ve removed the email from Nextcloud. I don’t really need it. Nice to have but too much trouble.

This resolved the issue for me.

1 NethServer (email host) installed and I applied this ACL and it resolved my ability to have a secondary NethServer (nextcloud) login and function properly.

Yes, that’s the code I used a few weeks ago to get NC mail working. I did try again but it didn’t work this time. As I say, I can live without NC mail. I have Roundcube.

Thank you. This command worked for me too. Just a question: what does this acl mean? Does it have any security issue? May I allow it on a single IP?

Thanks

5 Likes

I cant get it to work… I would like to get a log of it, where can I find it?

Nextcloud logs are in /var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud/nextcloud.log.

Thank you! Just got this:

{"reqId":"XywGm9-zv6br5OLMym7p2wAAAAk","level":4,"time":"2020-08-06T13:33:15+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.1.2.6","user":"xxxxxxxx-...","app":"mail","method":"POST","url":"/nextcloud/index.php/apps/mail/api/accounts","message":"Creating account failed: Could not connect to IMAP: Error connecting to mail server.","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0","version":"19.0.1.1"}

Any suggestions elsewhere to debug?

Maybe telnet to imap port to check if you get the “NOPERM permission denied” error:

Let’s check the permissions:

doveadm acl get -A Public

To set them for working nextcloud mail:

doveadm acl set -A Public authenticated lookup read

We need lookup and read, only lookup is not enough.

Please execute

doveadm acl set -A Public authenticated lookup read

to set the needed permissions.

1 Like

OK, I will test it soon… Thank you!

1 Like

I still cannot connect. There must be something else?

I tested now and it worked with real domainname (and letsencrypt) instead of localhost and in the mail address part (instead of .lan). Maybe the NC mail app validates the mail addresses and servers.

1 Like

OK, thank you Markus!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Special Mail Folders at Nextcloud