Nextcloud problem with Chrome opening agenda item from dash

NethServer Version: 7.9
Module: nethserver-nextcloud

Hi guys,
I have implemented nextcloud as a central application for all activities in a non-profit organisation.
People are starting to use it and some are running into (small) issues.
The most annoying is:
When opening an agenda item from the Dashboard (upcoming events widget) using Chrome(ium) a new tab is opening and then times out.
I already allowed popups for the website.
However, when opening the agenda first and then opening the agenda item, there is no problem.
Also using Firefox, there is no problem. Even from the dashboard widget, agenda items just open in a popup.

I already opened a topic on nextcloud forums, but hope to hear from you guys too if:

• you can reproduce the ā€˜bugā€™
  • know a solution
  • know another workaround

thnx!
robb

@robb why using Firefox could not be considered a ā€œsolutionā€?

1 Like

Some users donā€™t use firefox and are very ā€˜attachedā€™ to Chrome (as many people in this world)
Switching browsers is not an option.

As stated elsewhere, everybody has right for a personal taste.
I am a fan of Firefox, which seems to me the least privacy invasive browser on the market and less resource intensive than Chrome.

Some browser settings in Chrome come from internet options of Windows, like certificate installation and management, security tiers, popup block (which is duplicated into chrome and should be prioritized).
Did you consider to check and customize chrome authorizations for that site (nextcloud)?

I received a response on nextcloud forums. They point to a known issue:

Changing the calendar view to ā€˜Listā€™ works. Then changing and creating from Event widget on Dashboard does not time out.

A 2nd workaround from that github issue: Go to calanedar, open settings (bottom left) and disable ā€œsimple text editorā€. Then you can edit and add appointments from the Upcoming Events widget on the dashboard.

As they stated in the nextcloud forums, this is a Chrome(ium) only ā€˜bugā€™ and I donā€™t think it will get fixed.

1 Like

IMVHO sooner or later this wonā€™t be considered a blink-engine problem anymore.
Currently the Alphabet child is considered ā€œthe internetā€ as was for Internet Explorer many years ago.

Maybe so, but I will withstand the urge of ever using chrome. In the ultimate case I HAVE to use it, it will be de-googled chromium.
For me everything Alphabeth/Meta/MS is nothing less than evilā€¦ (Ironically I purchased a Pixel 4 smartphone last week (and immediately flashed it with LineageOS)

So Edge isā€¦ EvilĀ² :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Anywayā€¦ still hinting to give Firefox a shot (biased opinion, i know) which could be the issue solver for this problem and maybe an opportunity to switch to something a bit less evil (no holy on computer services world) andā€¦ looking forward for have your experience reported on LinageOS on Pixel 4. Still cannot understand how to unlock bootloader on my Redmi 4 Primeā€¦

We are getting offtopic, but Xiaomi has a ā€˜specialā€™ unlock procedure. Have a look here: [Guide] [All-In-One] Redmi 4 Prime (markw): Unlock Bootloader, Flash TWRP, Flash ROM | XDA Forums
(my previous phone was a Mi5 also running LineageOS)

1 Like