Nextcloud packages in EPEL clash with the ones built for NethServer

Nextcloud package from EPEL repo interferes with the one build for NethServer

[root@server ~]# yum list \*nextcloud\*
Installed Packages
nethserver-nextcloud.noarch               1.0.4-1.ns7           @nethserver-base
nextcloud.noarch                          10.0.2-1.ns7          @nethserver-base
Available Packages
nextcloud.noarch                          10.0.4-1.el7          epel            
nextcloud-client.x86_64                   2.2.4-8.el7           epel            
nextcloud-client-devel.x86_64             2.2.4-8.el7           epel            
nextcloud-client-libs.x86_64              2.2.4-8.el7           epel            
nextcloud-client-nautilus.x86_64          2.2.4-8.el7           epel            
nextcloud-client-nemo.x86_64              2.2.4-8.el7           epel            
nextcloud-httpd.noarch                    10.0.4-1.el7          epel            
nextcloud-mysql.noarch                    10.0.4-1.el7          epel            
nextcloud-nginx.noarch                    10.0.4-1.el7          epel            
nextcloud-postgresql.noarch               10.0.4-1.el7          epel            
nextcloud-sqlite.noarch                   10.0.4-1.el7          epel 

Issuing a yum update will install the package from EPEL, where the installation path differs, therefore the access forbidden error:

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /nextcloud on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Mind the Nextcloud path:

[authz_core:error] [pid 2326] [client 192.168.2.132:53424] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/nextcloud/index.php
[authz_core:error] [pid 2326] [client 192.168.2.132:53424] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/nextcloud/core/templates/403.php
2 Likes

I did not saw your post so have a create a new topic for the same issue. I can report exact same bug. on both a already deploy installation and replicated in a new fresh instalation.

Hello,

I was now trying a new fresh installation of nethserver 7 and I cant get nextcloud to work, is someone getting the same issue?

FYI
this is the error:
Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /nextcloud on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

and apache log:
[authz_core:error] [pid 6760] [client 1*******] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/nextcloud/core/templates/403.php

No worries, thanks for reporting. I’ve moved your post under this bug report.

To get it working on a test machine I’ve run the following commands:

yum remove nextcloud
yum install nethserver-nextcloud nextcloud-10.0.2

To exclude epel’s nextcloud packages from updates:

4 Likes

The fix is almost ready! :grin:

Thanks @dnutan ! I had the same problem.

EPEL will provide packages only for Nextcloud 10, since PHP 5.4 is the only official supported PHP version in CentOS 7.

We must obviously switch to Nextcloud 11 as soon as possible, but I need a little time to work on it as a someone has already found a bug in the new RPM.

You can find more info on the packager blog:

Do you see the possibility to enable Centos Software Collections? AFAIK they provide at least php5.6

It’s enabled by default in NethServer 7, this is why we can switch to Nextcloud 11 but we can’t count on EPEL support.

1 Like