Nextcloud issue after several app updates

NethServer Version: 7.9
Module: nethserver-nextcloud

After updating several nextcloud ‘apps’ the nextcloud interface opens with an internal error.
It looks like nextcloud isn’t starting with the correct php version:

Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version “>= 7.4.0”.

any ideas how to try to solve this?

currently nethserver runs nextcloud with php7.3.
Requirement for >=php7.4 is not expected till Nextcloud 24. Maybe some apps updated their requirements to php7.4 without waiting for Nextcloud 24 to be released.
Try disabling/uninstalling the updated apps, one by one until you find the culprit (or check if the logs provide some clue before removing apps).

1 Like

I could try to disable the apps that were updated with occ command. What was the default location of the nextcloud install on nethserver again? (/var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud is only the location of the userfiles)

cd /PATH/TO/NEXTCLOUD
sudo -u www-data php occ app:disable NAME_OF_APP

You can directly run occ ....
NethServer provides a wrapper to launch the original occ with the right config.
See /usr/local/sbin/occ for details.

2 Likes

/usr/share/nextcloud

1 Like

I had a lucky shot here. I remembered I activated emlviewer app. I disabled it with the command occ app:disable emlviewer and restarted httpd service. And tada… nextcloud is available again…
Looks like eml viewer needs php7.4…

thnx all for pointers.

1 Like

i faced a similar challenge, not sure if i should open a new support thread or continue on this one.
i was installing apps under the files section, and i seemed to also be getting the error

Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.4.0".

After disabling all the apps i had recently installed, because i was not sure which one caused the problem, the problem still persists, how can i trouble shoot and resolve this kindly.

i have found the culprit, emlviewer, do not install