Nextcloud - Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Server never launches

NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.9.2009 (final)
Module: Nextcloud

Hello community, I’ve just got a fresh installation of Nethserver installed as a VM on Proxmox, configured it as a samba4 dc, and successfully installed and can use the Nextcloud application and some of its apps (eg I installed Talk and its working great), but I can’t get the Built-in CODE server working; I’ve installed the App in Nextcloud but attempting to open a file just downloads the file, and clicking Plus > New document > name it > save > create results in “Unable to create new file from template”

Settings > Administration > Nextcloud Office > Nextcloud Office says “Collabora Online server is reachable” with a big green check:

I haven’t been able to find a ready reference to the “Built-in” CODE server in Nethserver docs, only configuring a separate one as a Nethserver app. Should I expect the built-in CODE server to function at all?

Thank you

You can install it on the same server. I recommend using Collabora from Software Center.

Thanks, yes I intend to use the Nethserver collabora app - but should the Built-in CODE server function? I ask for two reasons:

1. I’m doing some testing and it’s tricky to get the certificates and external domain working for the Nethserver app. I’d like to have the built-in code server working in the interim.
  2. If the built-in CODE server is supposed to work (like, other Nethserver users with nextcloud installed can simply use the built-in CODE server), then it may point to something else going wrong, which I’d want to investigate instead of ignoring. If the built-in CODE server isn’t expected to work at all, then i’ll not worry about it.

thanks again!

Hi @ndroftheline

Getting a LetsEncrypt SSL cert on your NethServer is actually VERY easy and quickly implemented.

It takes about 10 minutes!

See this for more info:

My 2 cents
Andy

Hey Andy, yep thank you - I use lsio swag for my reverse proxy in my primary network which is also very easy to adjust (although I might actually ask a more complicated question about reverse proxy chaining in a separate forum query), but I’m still interested to know whether the built-in CODE server is expected to fail with the nethserver-nextcloud app.

The built-in CODE server works on a container I built using turnkeylinux’ nextcloud template, but I want to tie in authentication to nextcloud with Nethserver anyway so decided to scrap it in favor of nethserver-nextcloud.

Thanks again

1 Like