Nextcloud 22 released

And the upgrade treadmill continues:

2 Likes

some very nice new features.

And a lot of delays for adoptions… I hope that the develop team will change the model, sooner or later.

I’m not sure what the current status is, as I haven’t been following NC as closely recently as I used to. I remember wishing they’d put more effort into making existing features (E2EE, anyone?) work than into adding new features. Recently, though, it seems it does what I need reasonably reliably.

I tend to agree, NC has been pushing tons of updates lately and I feel has missed some opportunities to polish the product overall.

That being said so far NC does the bare minimum for me very well with years of consistent performance.

truth be told even in the case for windows, itsvery hard to push an update that just polishes old features and get people to adopt said update, but if you bundle those polished features with new features, then it becomes very easy for people to install the new update.

Anyway, i am looking for a test branch in NEthserver, to begin testing, and commenting what breaks what and what works, even as we wait for version 22.01 main branch for nethserver, as had been agreed earlier which is the format we follow for supported updates

I love How the circles feature has been used to work as a general group feature in the organisation, atleast it finds a purpose that makes it useful, unlike before.

The best feature so far is the collectives. atleast it provide a small wiki like project which would give prodcuts like Notion a run for their Money. and also might force me to start having a second face for joplin, which is what i currently use. for personal Notes

The Chat integration with tasks and Deck is a very nifty function.
i once used a prodcut called Ryver, before they decided to increase the price significantly, what i loved about it was the fact that, you could have a chat window that was niceley integrated with tasks and kanban board, it was really handy in getting jobs Done.
i have since tried to find a similar implementation until now. ouch

The signature function is one which would help many organizations and cut down cost on getting staff signatures for contracts and the likes.

Overall, since nextcloud provides both commercial and open source variants of signatures, i believe this community would rather work with the opensource version of things.

LibreSign is one of the opnesource supported options, but comes with a significant installation process as seen here libresign/README.md at main · LibreSign/libresign · GitHub

that is after installing the app from the nextcloud store. for memebers of nethserver community, can you check if its possible to install livresign without breaking thigs inside NEthserver, for this pupose?

1 Like