we are proud to announce our brand new project named Dante inspired by Dante Alighieri and his famous Divina Commedia.
This project provides a beautiful recap of your system by collecting data from logs, databases, services, files and showing the results in a fully customizable dashboard running directly on your system.
You can also customize the interval date to show the statistics and send it via mail to different addresses.
The project is composed by four parts:
- Beatrice: it’s a single page application written in VueJs that shows the statistics in a beautiful dashboard, fully customizable by drag and dropping widgets
- Caronte: it’s a nodeJS application that screenshots the dashboard and its statistics and sent it via mail to the chosen addresses with a PDF as attachment
- Ciacco: it’s the wrapper of all miners (the scripts that collects statistics from data in the system) that is executed every day
- Virgilio: it’s the server written in Go that send statistics from server to the dashboard, doing the dirty job by counting and aggregating data in defined date interval
Like others NethServer module, Dante has its own configuration package inside the Cockpit UI, the name is
The UI it’s very simple and intuitive, there are 2 main components:
Where you can choose:
Last 6 months
- Colors: you can choose 9 different color palettes to change charts colors
- Full search: you can search the widget in the dashboard by typing text in the search input
Theme: there are 2 different themes for the UI:
You can customize the layout of the dashboard clicking on the
Edit widgets button in the right top corner
You can also add and remove the widgets in the dashboard creating a personal layout
There are 6 different types of widgets:
- Chart: pie, bar, lines charts with data visualized
- Counter: contains last values aggregated, the values in the interval date and the final trend
- Table: a simple table to show list of values
- Ranking: the top N items of a particularly list
- Label: simple label tho show only text
- Title: customizable text widget to better organize dashboard layout
You can decide mail recipient and when the email will sent, the email looks like this:
The attached PDF is a completely full export of the dashboard.
NethServer module preview
In the settings page of
nethserver-dante module, you can configure each of the above described feature in the classical way.
You can easily install
nethserver-dante with this command:
yum install --enablerepo=nethserver-testing nethserver-dante