NethVoice Avaya 1608-1

Hi, I find myself having to check the compatibility of some Avaya 1608-I ip phones with Nethvoice, I know they are not supported, but I would like to understand if with a manual configuration it is possible at least to register a SIP account on the switchboard. If anyone has had experience in this matter, any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance

@f.ciringione

Hi Filippo

Welcome to the NethServer Community!

I don’t use FreePBX on NethServer, nor do I know Avaya phones.
But I do have a lot of experience with VoIP and SIP.

In my experience, it’s always possible to manually connect a SIP-Phone / Softphone to an Asterisk based PBX.
I’ve used several in the past, and I had a lot of Snom DECT wireless phones. The wired Phones from Snom were all autoconfigured with provisioning, but no one supported the Snom Dect boxes. (They are a bit crappy with their options!). But if you know the PBX data, it’s possible!

You need to know:

• IP of phone and PBX
  • Access to PBX administration (Seeing logs there sometimes helps)
  • Know the supported Codecs on phone and PBX
  • Also know if SSL is needed or not.

Just to motivate you to try! :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

My 2 cents
Andy

Il 1608 di Avaya è solo H323 e non può essere convertito in Sip. Quindi niente da fare :face_with_monocle: :unamused:

Avaya 1608 is H323, no conversion to SIP possible

In italic my transaltion of your words, @f.ciringione, correct them if I am wrong.
I am sorry for your phones, but using H323 with Asterix today is like pretend to connect Windows 3.11 For Workgroups to NethServer.

Consider Gigaset Maxwell Basic as an option for a not-expensive replacement.

1 Like