Nethserver & zabbix check

Hi to everybody, has someone configured Zabbix to check NETHSERVER and its modules like for example webserver, mailserver, FreePBX ??

Thanks for your support
Enrico

@enricocicconi

Hi Enrico

You mean like this? (Databases & other services are coming, this server isn’t even one week old… :slight_smile:

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

Hi Andy,
thanks for your reply.

It’s what I’m looking for !!!

It’s by your hand or there’s something available in the web ??

All the best
Enrico

AFAIK you can attach to the device some of the templates available on Zabbix. HTTP surely is one, IDK if all of them are available.
In that host, @Andy_Wismer used ZBX and SNMP connection for allow read of more data. Moreover, Linux don’t forward info via SNMP unless instructed (and … user and password provided as SNMP data source)

@pike
@enricocicconi

Hi

Pike is right in the sense that I often prefer to use both SNMP and Zabbix Agent when possible.
This is often possible for Computers and Servers…

But Routers, Switches and Printers, especially the “Enterprise” class do support SNMP, but no chance to install a Zabbix Agent…

However - I will NEVER use SNMPv3, I only use SNMPv1 or SNMPv2c. SNMPv3 is a crutch, adding actually unthought stuff as a later-on addition. SNMPv3 is NOT very stable in long term monitoring.

Due to security constraints, I only use SNMP in a protected LAN. All Client LANs use a dedicated Firewall-Box, always OPNsense.

Here is a good example:

All my clients use a simple Raspberry PI 3+ for monitoring the UPS (Or several). These are cheaper and simple to handle than an APC SNMP “Network” box.

This uses only SNMP - even though a Raspberry can easily handle both SNMP and Zabbix Agent - but in this case I was able to get decent graphs with just SNMP alone.

A lot of further tests for all kind of IT equipment can be found on Zabbix Share - no matter if cloud monitoring, your Aircons in the NOC or whatever. However, not all can be used easily as such. Some are only russian, some are not well documented, some aren’t usable, but there is a a big pile of usable stuff there.

Here are some specific Monitorings / Graphs:

Apache:

Postfix: (-> Mail is not yet productive on this server…)

MongoDB:

Hope this helps!

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes

Oh, thanks, I’ll try, I’m rooky with zabbix :slight_smile:

I’m a rooky too, but @Andy_Wismer helped me a lot with problems to get snmp running on nethserver. If you have any questions don’t be shy to ask.

2 Likes

@enricocicconi

Hi Enrico

In the meantime, the list has grown…

If you need help with Zabbix, don’t hesitate to drop me a PM…

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes

Hi Andy,
I hope in the next week to have time to study and test something on Zabbix, surely I’ll write you for help if needed (as I suppose ahahah)

All the best
Enrico

2 Likes