NethServer v7-alpha2

I’m setting up a page on the wiki.

Edit: this is the link

http://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=developer:nethserver_7_kickstart

What do you think? All suggestions are welcome :slight_smile:

/cc @giacomo, @davidep, @filippo_carletti, @alep, @stephdl, @Stll0, @alefattorini, @Ctek, @SystemEd-Jacob, @dz00te, @Nas

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to open an external link in Discourse

Hi Davide, It looks good! I have just browse the page, I’ll take a more closer look at it when time permits.

BR
Bogdan

2 Likes

Just made some adjustment for readability.
I’m trying to follow the wiki to check if everything is OK.

3 Likes

Never mind, I installed wget and dl’d those rpms into temp and ran localinstall from there.
Not paying enough attention.

I copy this post from the nethserver-fetchmail thread here. I think it’s important to know:

lol
Just for giggles I fired off the owncloud install… messages is now at 142mB.

Dec 18 16:03:15 server77 esmith::event[11942]: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)
Dec 18 16:03:15 server77 esmith::event[11942]: Enter current password for root (enter for none):

just made a PR for nethserver-postgresql… could you check if it was all ok there was no v7 branch…

tnx for the list of packet on wiki is useful, but can you/we extend it , just to have some other info about every package? ie: which package has priorities and the state of the porting of every package… what do you think or we can use some other tool?

1 Like

Giacomo has merged then closed the PR manually. For the next time, I’ve just created v7 branch everywhere. Please, send PR for v7 (not master).

of course, do you have any hint?

So, where do I go from here?

Should I just start installing stuff from the software center and see what happens?

As already suggested, we should add: name of who have already taken it, link to PR or status?

I think you have to wait until all packages have been rebuilt (or, if not all, the one you’re interested in).
This doesn’t mean that installing now will not work, but it may produce unpredictable results and you could encounter bugs that will be fixed in the coming days.
Thinking again, you could try installing and report issues. If you find a lot of issues, please wait a few days. :smile:

1 Like

Well, for instance, I knew installing owncloud would be an issue, that was just for fun.

But, for serious, I installed file server. smbd and ldap are arguing with each other, file server doesn’t show up in software center, installed, though many of the parts show in the dashboard, should I start trying to narrow individual elements of what I see and file bugs or as you say wait a few days?

I just reread your post, I’ll wait till next week.

yes we need some more info, like those you said
about the tool to use I guess we could use discourse, wiki or github
I see some pros and cons for each tools, so at the end i do not know which is better…
but as long as it contains the right info for me is ok :slight_smile:

something like this?

+=======================+==========+====================================+
| Package               | Date     | Status                             |
+=======================+==========+====================================+
| nethserver-postgresql | 20151220 | dz00te: build ok [link to PR]      |
+-----------------------+----------+------------------------------------+
| nethserver-fetchmail  | 20151219 | alefettorini: build ok, waiting(?) |
+-----------------------+----------+------------------------------------+

or

+=======================+===========+==========+====================================+
| Package               | Priority  | Date     | Status                             |
+=======================+===========+==========+====================================+
| nethserver-postgresql | Low       | 20151220 | dz00te: build ok [link to PR]      |
+-----------------------+-----------+----------+------------------------------------+
| nethserver-fetchmail  | Mid       | 20151219 | alefettorini: build ok, waiting(?) |
+-----------------------+-----------+----------+------------------------------------+
| nethserver-mysql      | Hi        | 20151217 |  ???                               |
1 Like

The list of built packages (sorted by modification time) is on

http://packages.nethesis.it/nethserver/7.2.1511/base/x86_64/Packages/?C=M;O=D

Open Pull Requests should be listed here, if the NethServer/dev#5000 reference was added correctly:

https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/5000

Is it enough? Are you missing some other info?

please could you check the v7 branch for nethserver-ibays?
tnx

It was missing…

I guess it is in a conflicting state :wink:

Just filed a new bug. All packages depending on nethserver-directory will have problems…

1 Like

ok, i was just testing nethserver-ibays, and it has problem with admin user, thanks for the tip

1 Like

…and thanks for the patch! Merged and built :thumbsup: