NethServer v7-alpha2

yes, the info are all here, but i was hoping in something that summarize the status… like this:
http://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=user:dz00te
i know it will be another thing to update/maintain, but useful for a noob like me to have a global vision of the status. :smirk:
but as i’m the only one that needs it, no probs, let’s use what is already available… tnx

1 Like

Yes there are two sources of info to bind RPMs and Pull Requests. If you like keeping the table updated feel free to modify the wiki page!

Main goal is to avoid that more people take the same package, right?

The timeline on GitHub reports who has forked a repo (and whatever else)

Edit: look, @dz00te forked nethserver-ntp :smile:

dz00te forked NethServer/nethserver-ntopng to dz00te/nethserver-ntopng    

tnx, i must bookmark the dahsboard view tnx (also if i don’t see my forks, i’ll investigate later)

ah, please could you copy these files from 6.7 to 7 on packages.nethserver.org ?
ntopng-2.0.150531-164.x86_64.rpm
ntopng-data-2.0.150531-164.noarch.rpm
redis-2.4.10-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
why they are not synced?
tnx

redis-2.8.19-2.el7 comes from epel, ntopng… well, it has been updated in nethserver-base on July, 16th

http://mirror.nethserver.org/nethserver/6.6/updates/x86_64/Packages/

I’ll copy it to 7

I can understand air traffic controllers better than you guys.

When should I start trying to install stuff with the software center gui? Next year?

ok thank you… meanwhile, i have another doubt:
in nethserver-phonehome the master and v7 branch are not synced. how to proceed in this case?

First of all, ntopng was uploaded :blush:
Secondly, fixed #5002 and uploaded a new build of nethserver-directory :sunny:

PR from v7 to master? nope! we must do the contrary: merge master (which could be more recent than v7) into v7. For instance:

For any doubt, asking on the forum is always a good idea.

The more we are, sooner you can. :grinning:

Just pushed nethserver-samba and nethserver-mail-* RPMs. Who wants to check it out?

3 Likes

Say what? lol! No idea what you mean.

I’ll fire off a file-server install and see what happens.

tnx but obviously is not good, it’s a el6 package :frowning: sorry i didn’t checked before…
i’ve tested installation with
ntopng-2.2.151211-693.x86_64.rpm
ntopng-data-2.2.151211-693.noarch.rpm
pfring-6.2.0-411.x86_64.rpm
pfring-dkms-6.2.0-411.noarch.rpm
to solve dependencies, installation is ok but some error on services… i think i must open an issue on github…
but in the meanwhile can I made a PR for nethserver-ntopng (with correct spec file for el7) or i should wait to solve all bugs before a PR? or in general while in alpha state can i made PR also if i know that are note the definitive solution to make package fully functional?

great, i’ll retest with nethserver-ibay

yes, i agree that the move is to merge master with v7, but if on github i compare master and v7, it doesn’t look like the diff i expect (ie: the changelog update, etc.) https://github.com/NethServer/nethserver-phonehome/compare/master...v7
for sure i must better understand github (as well as many other things :slight_smile: )
tnx

I guess you’re downloding ntopng packages from Index of /centos-stable/7, right?

We are in alpha state, so I think we should relax :slight_smile: As long as any change to the code is tracked and explained I think issues can be avoided and if a solution to a bug is cheap a PR can be made.

I think you can also start a PR, and open an issue thereafter if it clarifies the context.

Your link seems ok to me!

@fasttech, thanks for opening issues but …don’t be in hurry! If you go on this way you’ll end up with 1,000,000 of issues :smile: As the wiki explains, “Ask for help on community” before filing an issue!

lol!

I figured dropping those would stir the pot.
I lack the basic knowledge to get involved at this point, I’ll come back in 6 months.

6 months? I hope we’ll start testing as soon as possible! Keep an eye on the testing category!

1 Like

I misread, I thought we were testing… mental note, alpha means dev level foo only. :smile:

Well, it’s actually on development! It has not been released, yet. We are in a pre-alpha state where everything is broken :scream: