I’m pretty certain that this patch needs to be revised and/or rolled back.
There is no issue with the displaying of the name in a human friendly way, as long as you populate the proper fields in the accountprovider’s database. (in my case SAMBA AD, but I suspect OpenLDAP is the same)
The ONLY issue there was, was SOGo not setting permissions correct.
Here is a screenshot from my SOGo, without any patchwork, The only discrepancy is the fact that I set an alias everywhere, but this should not influence the display of first or last name, display name, stuff like that.
In order to test with AD account provider:
- create account on Nethserver
- open ADUC on a Windoze station and rename the user. Change the account name to the Full Name and press enter, and next fill out all the fields as good as you can.
- double click the user, set email address and any other fields which are known/common.
Go into SOGo, it will look like this:
note in picture above that the Other Users folder has the Test Account name fully displayed.
The only discrepancy is the account-name vs email, and that is only in my specific use-case. For others this would be normal.
In other words, by ‘fixing’ the way these fields are populated, you are breaking AD integration and seemingly contacts. I have tested this with and without alias, and everything is working fine out of the box, except setting rights with SOGo.