NethServer-SavaPage module

Looks like the rpm in nethforge-testing is broken…
@davidep, @giacomo can you replace the rpm with the latest version on the website of @mrmarkuz?
http://markusneuberger.at/download/nethserver-savapage-0.0.1-8.ns7.x86_64.rpm

I’m sorry I forgot to enable @mrmarkuz’s public key on packages.nethserver.org!

I’ll fix it tomorrow, please be patient! :pray:

1 Like

grazi mille

1 Like

Hi Markus,

you can now upload RPMs to packages.nethserver.org.

Here’s a short guide

• install nethserver-mock on your workstation
  • accept the server key: ssh mrmarkuz@packages.nethserver.org

Ready to upload!

To nethforge-testing:

upload-rpms mrmarkuz@packages.nethserver.org:nscom/7.4.1708/nethforge-testing nethserver-*.rpm

To testing repo:

upload-rpms mrmarkuz@packages.nethserver.org:nscom/7.4.1708/testing nethserver-*.rpm
3 Likes

Big thanks!

I assume it takes some time until it’s installable via yum.

The result of my first upload, I got a success mail too:

$ upload-rpms mrmarkuz@packages.nethserver.org:nscom/7.4.1708/nethforge-testing nethserver-savapage-0.0.1-8.ns7.x86_64.rpm
sftp> put nethserver-savapage-0.0.1-8.ns7.x86_64.rpm
Couldn't fsetstat: Permission denied
1 Like

I still see the ‘old’ version in the repository. Shouldn’t that one be removed?
And, if I do a yum install --enablerepo=nethforge-testing nethserver-savapage, do I get the 0.0.1-7 or the 0.0.1-8?

Me too and I already updated my mirrors and tried it several times.

EDIT: I recognized that Nethforge-testing is not synced to the mirrors so I think it’s only available on packages.nethserver.org.

You are able to install directly but should clean the old version first (update didn’t work for me):

yum -y remove nethserver-savapage
rm -Rf /opt/savapage
rm -Rf /etc/e-smith/events/nethserver-savapage-*
rm -Rf /etc/e-smith/events/actions/nethserver-savapage-*
userdel savapage
su - postgres -c "psql -c \"drop database savapage;\""

Install new package:

yum -y install http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.4.1708/nethforge-testing/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-savapage-0.0.1-8.ns7.x86_64.rpm

1 Like

I uploaded the rpms and they are online but still an old version is provided to yum.

@davidep Am I missing something?

EDIT:

I setup a mirror mrmarkuz and I had to actualize my mirror to provide a newly uploaded package with following command, could it be this is missing in Nethforge-testing?

createrepo -dvp /var/www/repos/mrmarkuz/7

@davidep: What would it take to progress to nethserver-savapage-1.0.0 and have it in NethForge repo?

1 Like

Testing repos are not sent to mirrors to avoid sync delays.

NethForge has a lightweight process: when the package maintainer is ready we can upload to the NethForge repo

1 Like

When I do a yum list I don’t get the actual version from nethforge-testing but it works from my testing repo. Maybe the old 0.0.1-1 package in Nethforge-testing has to be deleted? Am I able to do it?

# yum list --enablerepo=nethforge-testing nethserver-savapage
nethserver-savapage.noarch             0.0.1-1.ns7             nethforge-testing
nethserver-savapage.x86_64             0.0.1-8.ns7             mrmarkuz

Nice one… so it’s up to @mrmarkuz :smiley:
To say it with The Young Ones
“I am bloody ready when you are, shaky”
:sunglasses:

I am bloody ready too :smiley: What do I have to do?

1 Like

If you agree, transfer the GitHub repository ownership to NethServer. You’ll be granted write access to it.

I setup Travis builds on it for you. Then you can publish a new package by just pushing a git tag.

2 Likes

I agree. The repo is transferred to NethServer. Thanks!

2 Likes

The module is now installable via

yum install --enablerepo=nethforge-testing nethserver-savapage

Thanks to all!

2 Likes

Hi @mrmarkuz the .travis.yml is ready. Please read carefully the related developer guide section:

http://docs.nethserver.org/projects/nethserver-devel/en/v7/building_rpms.html#usage

When you want to release to nethforge repository follow this one:

http://docs.nethserver.org/projects/nethserver-devel/en/v7/building_rpms.html#creating-a-release-tag

When you push a tagged commit, Travis uploads automatically to the production environment.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I’ll read through the docs and test it with the next savapage update.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Such a great work here. We need to spotlight this team /cc @flatspin

Yes, for sure. I agree! Wonderfull work here.

BTW: Nice new picture of you. :wink:

1 Like