NethServer - IT Monitoring (Nagios, Zenoss, ecc.)

Hi everyone and SORRY: yes maybe the question is already answerd but I’ve not found it!!!
So I need to install and configure an IT Monitoring (like Nagios, Zenoss,Zabbix, Icinga, OpenNMS, etc.) on my NetHserver 7. I need also, if possible, an GUI configuration (ex. Adagios).
My question is: what is the better supported and tested IT monitoring?

Is there a tutorial?

Many thanks

Search “Zabbix”.

1 Like

Complementing @pike’s answer:
https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=zabbix

1 Like

Hi @godel

Some samples with Zabbix…

I use Zabbix for all my clients networks.
If you have any detailed questions, don’t hesitate to PM me.

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes

Man, I’ve really got to put aside some time to learn how to do those network diagrams in Zabbix so I don’t have to manually draw them out in Libreoffice.

2 Likes

@fasttech

Drop a PM, within 30 mins, you’re up and ready…
Think of Zabbix as an online editable LibreOffice running on your own server - and includes a great symbol library… (At least I haven’t heard the contrary!)…

:slight_smile:

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

Hey Andy me too. As you know, I saw this Zabbix Network Diagram, that brought me to the Nethserver.

1 Like

zabbix, zabbix, zabbix (just zabbix I would say).
It has a pretty big learning curve, but if you understand English well, it’s full of documentation and video courses on the web, it’s all about gaining experience and wasting time learning. I have never installed it on postreSQL, but if you install it on mariadb I highly recommend you to split the database otherwise with only 130/150 devices monitored after 2 months the DB will explode.

let’s say this is a good starting point
https://www.zabbix.com/documentation/6.0/en/manual

@giordy

Hi

As a longtime user of Zabbix, I do confirm that even with 50 hosts, the database can get “quite large”, and that is an understatement!

The database gets filled faster than the built in vacumeing job can clean it out, so it does need 1-2 DB maintenences / year…

And with anything that regullar, do it once, do it twice. And from then on, use a script or job, whatever terminology you prefer… :slight_smile:

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes