NethServer Hotsync [Needs Testing]

This works much better now! I have tested it a few more times now, just to make sure I was getting consistent results.

I was just asking for testing purposes of the new hotsync update, if we should continue from the slave that had already had the old hotsync running, or start with a fresh install. I just continued.[quote=ā€œlucag, post:60, topic:8391ā€]

[/quote]
Ok, now I can confirm that Webtop data all is there, all seems good.
Roundcube seems all good too!

Still have the following issue in NextCloud.

But, it is a little different it seems (I believe they showed as not installed with previous hotsync, but I am not 100% sure).
The Nextcloud Apps seem to be installed, but do not show up in ā€˜Enabled appsā€™.
If I find the app in the apps list, it shows as enabled, but an update is available. If I install the update, the app now shows up, and all data is there.

Also, hotsync-cockpit is still not installed, but if I install it, it now shows up in cockpit. (Before it would not install as it said it was already installed, but did not show up in cockpit).

Getting pretty close!!

4 Likes

Excellent work guys! :clap:

2 Likes

I confirm: I have the same behavior.
Iā€™ve searched some solution using occ tool, but it seems not suitable.
occ app:list does not show neither apps to be updated and in addition it does have some upgrade/update command to use with app.

As Alessandro already said, Nextcloud apps are not part of the data backup, thus apps are not synchronized by hotsync.

We have 2 paths:

• include a special code inside hotsync to handle also Nextcloud apps
  • leave the behavior similar, as much as possible, to current backup&restore procedure and document that the user should reinstall missing apps (just how he/she should do in case of a normal disaster recovery)

What do you think? /cc @wbilger

Since Iā€™m a lazy programmer, I vote for the second choice :smiley:

As a dumb user- IĀ“d prefer a Sync independent of installed apps, which covers everything on the primary server without thinking, what apps are installed or not.- Please :wink:

1 Like

I agree, a complete solution for backup/restore, with nothing left out ā€“ If Possible.
While I think I would have no problem understanding that apps need to be re-installed, the issue lies in passing on the responsibility to others, the easier, more complete the solution, the better. I donā€™t trust that there is an easy way to manually see what apps are installed (beyond default), so therefore need to be reinstalled.

2 Likes

I see there are users even more lazier than programmers! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, letā€™s go into integrating Nextcloud applications into NextCloud. :wink: /cc @Stll0 @alep

3 Likes

Added nextcloud apps to hotsync.
@wbilger my test is ok and yours ?

3 Likes

The package has been released and marked as beta:
http://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/hotsync.html

Great work!

4 Likes